Horror Script Wanted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horror Script Wanted

Do not post your email (*UPDATE* writer found)

Ok I am currently shopping around for a "creature feature"

Only requirements is it needs some good "Jump" moments and can be

Shot under $200K - We will be using the Epic

Post here first, no need to post the entire info just let me know if you have what Im looking for - Then we can continue in Private message to take it further.

Nick Soares

**EDIT** After you post here with some information I will add you to the next step of getting hired.
    Please do not send me scripts unless it is WGA registered -
    Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Don't have a finished "creature feature" but I have a couple of other low budget horror scripts. Contact me if you'd like loglines and synopses.

About me:

I’m a native New Yorker recently transplanted to LA. I've worked both as a freelance screenwriter and film/video editor. As a screenwriter I have 4 produced feature films to my credit: Death on Demand, Rock N Roll Frankenstein, Underground Terror, and Fare Games. I've also written unproduced for-hire scripts and a number of spec scripts, as well as English dubbing scripts for several Japanese anime videos and Asian films.

My page on IMDb:
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0641224/

Thanks,
    Brian O'Hara
    ohara5c [at] gmail.com
    Last edited by rrfrankie; 01-22-2012, 03:25 PM. Reason: forgot email address

Comment

Horror script.

Hey Nick!

I actually am about 1/4 done with a script for a new franchise horror film...I'm calling Playthings..... it has some interesting twist and some genre character dispellings, and very good sequel potential if made correctly and that would be a 50k- however much big budget slasher film.

I also have a cult movie about clowns ready to go. Scripts done, 2 names attached, location scouted and I can make that one for about 12k....... I think it has amazing staying potential and dvd potential and has a great history behind it and would love to tell you more about it.

I would love to work with you to make both films or either..... Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers
      j

ImDB
      http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0779255/
      Last edited by jNihilist; 01-22-2012, 03:27 PM. Reason: add link

Comment

Wow hey guys,

Ok let me read through these. Im so happy you guys joined!

Comment

Available Horror Writer

Hello,

I am a produced horror writer. You can find my name on IMDb as well as through a Google search.

My credits include the feature films: CLOSETS - starring Corbin Bernsen - currently available on DVD at most Wal-Mart stores in the anthology selection "Deadly Games" from Echo Bridge Distributors, and YOU CAN'T KILL STEPHEN KING - from Loco Dawn Productions - soon to be released.

I also have a bunch of short films produced. You can find three at www.scaredstiff.tv under the titles SOMETHING IN THE WATER, THE CONFESSIONAL and WELCOME MATS.

My work has been praised by actors Tom Hanks and Dan Aykroyd and director Dennis Dugan.

I was a contributing author to the Writer's Digest bestselling how-to book ON WRITING HORROR.

I have many other credits and connections to distributors plus friends in the Chicagoland newspaper and radio media.

I specialize in low budget screenplays.

If interested, please contact me at my e-mail address: tripleb221[at]hotmail.com.

Good luck.

Bob Madia

Comment

Scripts from Produced Horror Screenwriter

Nick, I am an optioned and produced horror and genre screenwriter with 3 options sold, 2 features produced, and 2 features slated for production in 2012.

I have created work for hire scripts before, and some creature feature concepts already in development, as well as 2 genre spec scripts you could review if you are interested. One of them is specifically aimed at low budget production and features limited locations, small cast and little need for special FX.

I am also one of the top illustrators in the comics and entertainment industry, having created art for Lucasfilm, DC Comics, Marvel and many others, which allows me to use my art skills, to create pre-viz art, creature concept art, storyboards and more.

Please email me privately to discuss your needs and if you would like to learn more.

thanks

Comment

Central Cali Horror Script

Nick,

I have written a few screenplays, done some re-writes and am always looking for more work. I have a completed low budget horror script that takes place in Central California (grew up there) that I think would be a great fit. Hit me back if you'd like more info.

MJ

Comment

To all screenwriters, if some of you dont have what im looking for its ok, there will be investors from all of my past films joining up here too, they will be searching for projects to fund. Just a heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by rrfrankie View Post
                  Don't have a finished "creature feature" but I have a couple of other low budget horror scripts. Contact me if you'd like loglines and synopses.

About me:

Im a native New Yorker recently transplanted to LA. I've worked both as a freelance screenwriter and film/video editor. As a screenwriter I have 4 produced feature films to my credit: Death on Demand, Rock N Roll Frankenstein, Underground Terror, and Fare Games. I've also written unproduced for-hire scripts and a number of spec scripts, as well as English dubbing scripts for several Japanese anime videos and Asian films.

My page on IMDb:
                  http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0641224/

Thanks,
                  Brian O'Hara
                  ohara5c[at]gmail.com
                  Brian,

Thanks for the post. We are focused on a creature feature because that is what our distribution company wants, but we are also open to other horror scripts in about a week. Added as friend.

Comment

Originally posted by jNihilist View Post
                    Hey Nick!

I actually am about 1/4 done with a script for a new franchise horror film...I'm calling Playthings..... it has some interesting twist and some genre character dispellings, and very good sequel potential if made correctly and that would be a 50k- however much big budget slasher film.

I also have a cult movie about clowns ready to go. Scripts done, 2 names attached, location scouted and I can make that one for about 12k....... I think it has amazing staying potential and dvd potential and has a great history behind it and would love to tell you more about it.

I would love to work with you to make both films or either..... Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers
                    j

ImDB
                    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0779255/
                    When you say 12K, are these a documentary style horror, eg; Blair Witch? If so its not a problem, those are hot right now

Comment

Any references for those without imdb credits will help.

Comment

I am a produced screenwriter with two features and many short films. I write a lot of horror, but only have one that would be considered a creature feature:

Hungered (horror) When a human-like creature wreaks havoc in a small town by eating the organs of his victims, a detective must race against the clock in order to save his teen daughter and her friends from becoming the next victims.

You can see log lines for my other horrors on my web site at:

http:/www.vickylneal.wetpaint.com/

Comment

TWO Horror Scripts

Hi Nick,

I've got two promising horror screenplays.

I have abbreviated the titles and loglines, but will share them with you based on your initial interest in the concept(s) by private message.

Screenplay #1 - (Title - D.V.)
                          Logline: A DMV traffic safety manager must decipher what's real and what isn't when he's...

Screenplay #2 - (Title - S.V.)
                          Logline: A park ranger academy graduate discovers his boss might be a homicidal maniac, while investigating...

If either of these sound up your alley, let me know.

Thanks a lot!

SJF
                          scottjfoster[at]yahoo.com

*Just a little about me. New York transplant in LA. Lived in Europe 10 years. My screenplay entitled (T.B.) garnered a Semi-Finalist spot in the 2011 Page International Screenwriting Awards. It came in the Top 25 of the Thriller/Horror genre, out of 4,300 total applicants. It has talent attached and is currently being read by a star director's camp (R.R.), whose interest had been sparked by its subject matter. I have another film in development with an Italian director, slated to shoot in LA and Italy this summer in addition to another optioned project in development.

And as you can see, I like to abbreviate things. T.Y.V.M.!

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJFoster View Post
                            Hi Nick,

I've got two promising horror screenplays.

I have abbreviated the titles and loglines, but will share them with you based on your initial interest in the concept(s) by private message.

Screenplay #1 - (Title - D.V.)
                            Logline: A DMV traffic safety manager must decipher what's real and what isn't when he's...

Screenplay #2 - (Title - S.V.)
                            Logline: A park ranger academy graduate discovers his boss might be a homicidal maniac, while investigating...

If either of these sound up your alley, let me know.

Thanks a lot!

SJF
                            scottjfoster[at]yahoo.com

*Just a little about me. New York transplant in LA. Lived in Europe 10 years. My screenplay entitled (T.B.) garnered a Semi-Finalist spot in the 2011 Page International Screenwriting Awards. It came in the Top 25 of the Thriller/Horror genre, out of 4,300 total applicants. It has talent attached and is currently being read by a star director's camp (R.R.), whose interest had been sparked by its subject matter. I have another film in development with an Italian director, slated to shoot in LA and Italy this summer in addition to another optioned project in development.

And as you can see, I like to abbreviate things. T.Y.V.M.!
                            Hey Scott,

Do any of those have creatures in them?

Thanks

Nick

Comment

Hey Nick

Hey Nick,
                              My name's C.J. Duke
                              http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3332360/

Working with my agent at the moment to sell a creature feature called Will O' The Wisp. If you'd like more information, hit me up at cjduke87[at]yahoo.com

Thanks very much.

Comment

Working...
                              X