Looking to gauge interest on filming a TV pilot. [comedy]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to gauge interest on filming a TV pilot. [comedy]

Greetings everyone! I have joined this website in hopes of learning/contributing any knowledge that involves in the world of film.

I've written a number of screenplays over the last few years and just recently have started to put my stuff out there within the last 2 months since moving to California from Virginia.

About a year ago I started to develop this innovative idea for a television show and recently started to put the pen to the paper so-to-speak.

The reason of this query is to gauge any interest in filming a Comedy TV-Pilot titled "The American Dream".

It follows the live of Three guys who seek their "American Dream" through get-rich quick schemes with poorly planned outcomes.

The twist is the principle filming is of the cast filming themselves. The ultimate goal I am trying to reach is "A scripted show that blurs the lines between scripted and reality." and not the other way around in which much of television is becoming.

I have 3 episodes already written with a number of ideas for future episodes in my head.

I'm located in North San Diego and would love to talk to someone about this idea filming it locally.

Hey, first of all welcome to FMF! Glad you joined the family!

Second, what do you mean by they film themselves? Do you give each actor a camera and they film themselves and you will cut it all together? I am curious on what you mean, sounds interesting

Comment

It's 3 on-screen and they each have specific duties.

Tyler "the camera guy"
      Bart "the manager"
      Kyle "the stunt-man"

All 3 are on-screen characters that are being filmed.

In the pilot episode they are pitching their reality show to a CEO. Kyle gets injured by the CEO's negligence and the CEO has to pay the 3 guys off to avoid a lawsuit. The 3 guys think the money is for their reality show.

Shots will primarily come from principle filming and a handful of selected shots will be from the on-screen "camera guy's" vantage point.

A scripted show about a psuedo-reality show.

Comment

Okay, now I'm seeing a show about three guys trying to start a reality TV show... which is kinda funny. A scripted show about "reality" TV. Not sure if it's what you mean, but that I'd watch.
        Find me on Twitter: [at]Shadoe_Fox

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
          Okay, now I'm seeing a show about three guys trying to start a reality TV show... which is kinda funny. A scripted show about "reality" TV. Not sure if it's what you mean, but that I'd watch.
          Exactly good sir!

Comment

Sounds good anyway we could see a teaser?

Comment

As far as teasers all I have are the scripts. I'm hoping to make contact with a local film maker on here to discuss shooting the pilot.

This is the pilot script
              https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4jV...tBTlRpc1k/edit

This is the 2nd episode
              https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4jV...paRE9QRVk/edit

Comment

Very cool man, keep up the good work and you will make it happen!
                Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Soares View Post
                  Very cool man, keep up the good work and you will make it happen!
                  Thanks!

I've already scouted what I think is a good location for the majority of filming to happen. (Mind you, I'm not well-versed in filming/lighting)

If you read the pilot episode you'll see this all can happen in 3 locations. (House/Office environment/Super-Market)

Comment

Working...
                  X