Unique Horror Feature Script

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unique Horror Feature Script

I have written a horror script called Senior Skip Day. A senior skip day is a day of high school that a group of high school seniors skip so that they can stay out the night before and sleep in the next morning.

Logline: High school seniors have a senior skip day but that night they encounter a werewolf, an event that causes terror and tragedy in their lives.

The script involves seven high school seniors (four girls, three boys) who are outcasts in their high school and decide to have a senior skip day. The night that they stay out late they encounter a werewolf and throughout the night they are stalked by the werewolf. The teenagers seek help but encounter a lot of strange, emotionally distraught adults during the night including one man who claims to have been attacked by a werewolf also. Ultimately, two teenagers survive the tragic ordeal and none of the adults in the town believe their story instead they believe that the two teenagers are the ones responsible for the murders. The conclusion of the story has the two teenagers on the run from the law, an occurence that has the young protagonists do a desperate attempt to hold up a gas station, a tragic event that ends with one of the teenagers killing the cashier and customer inside the store during the robbery.

The script I have written works as a unique twist on classic horror film plots. My script involves all of the elements of the Universal monster films of the 1930s and 1940s (including The Wolf Man, Dracula, and Frankenstein), the structures of classic slasher films (like John Carpenter's Halloween, the original Friday The 13th), and the eerie ideas of horror films that contain a sense of heightened realism (The Night Of The Hunter, Blue Velvet). The combination of horror subgenres makes my script something unique, character-driven, and fascinating in a modern marketplace of horror films that have become repetetive and redundant.

The seven high school protagonists are thoroughly developed as sympathetic and compassionate characters much like the characters in the great youth films like Rebel Without A Cause, The Wild One, or even The Breakfast Club as all seven of the protagonists behave realistically as platonical best friends unlike the one-dimensional sex-and-drug-crazed teenage characters that exist in most of the modern horror films.

The idea of a horror story being set on a senior skip day is also an interesting contribution to the pantheon of horror screenplays being set on a holiday (My Bloody Valentine, Halloween) or a teenage pasttime (I Know What You Did Last Summer, Prom Night).

The script is complex however the story, setting, and strong characters would make a film adaptation into a very marketable and appealing film to the horror-hungry audiences of the youth demographic.

If you have any interest in my script just message me on here or e-mail me at rhonnief[at]yahoo.com

Thank you for your time.

Ronald Fordham

Sounds like a great script, more of these (horror) films need to be made. Im getting tired of CG
    Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

Working...
    X