Second Opinion Needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Opinion Needed

I've written a feature length screenplay and would like a second opinion, preferably from a producer who might be interested in the concept.

Title: The Don't Line
    Logline: A group of Canadian researches must combat fear, paranoia and each other when a supposed Soviet invasion takes place.

If you're familiar with Canadian history, you might know about the DEW Line (Distant Early Warning).. Basically it was a series of bases set in northern Canada that would alert NATO nations if a Soviet invasion took place over the Arctic area.

Using comedy, elements from John Carpenter's "The Thing" and other works, I've written what I believe is a dark comedic thriller. While comedy is the main focus, the single location and small cast provides a great atmosphere for a build up of fear, mistrust and questions left unanswered.

For a modest budget (high six, low seven figures) I think this could be produced effectively. Special effects would be needed and I'd like to cast Canadian comedians who understand the culture.

Message me if interested.

--Eric

Hey Brotha Felix!

My first thought would be about your title, The Don't Line. Can you explain where you got this, and how it integrates into the movie?

Thanks Buddy
    Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

The DEW line/ The don't line: I love cheeky names like this!

Comment

LCR nailed it. I think it would be a nice play on words, seeing as the men in the script are not exactly methodical.

One theme of the movie is logic: how problem solving is a logical puzzle. So the title plays wells, in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
        X