A Director's Test

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Director's Test

Being the Director of a motion picture is a stressful task. Most everything an audience sees and hears has your fingerprints on it. Every detail counts.

The worst thing a Director can do (IMO) is let continuity, and realism lapse. For instance if a couple is walking down the street during a sunny day and one says to the other "Isn't this a beautiful night" that would be ridiculous. Obviously it is day. The reason this would happen is the script dialogue says "Beautiful night" and no one is intelligent enough to change it. Of course that's an obvious mistake.

Below is an example where there's 4 definite errors within 41 seconds. They all revolve around the same thing. But, they're all distinct, and if you think for a moment, you should be able to spot them.

They have nothing to do with the following:

The bad lighting.
    Camera angle.
    Cheesy bottles with labels ripped off
    Terrible street clothes used as costumes.
    Acting (though the errors could come from poor choices in acting)

So, within all that, there's a hint. Because there isn't much left.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf4I2hdDEW0

Give it a whirl. See if you can figure it out.

About to render something, then ill see if I can find it :)
    Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

I don't want to get tough here. But, 29 views and not one guess. If you're that good, show it. :cool: This is a pretty easy test.

Comment

If its not:

The bad lighting.
        Camera angle.
        Cheesy bottles with labels ripped off
        Terrible street clothes used as costumes.
        Acting (though the errors could come from poor choices in acting)

I cant find it - Im sure ill feel dumb once you say it
        Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

within all that, there's a hint. Because there isn't much left.

------------------------------------
          Once Upon a Time Season 1 DVD
          One Tree Hill Season 9 DVD

Comment

The only things I can think of have to do with the bottles. The one blocking her arm and the extra one at the table? The placement of the people wasn't great as the one in the back didn't talk. Also, you couldn't really see any of the cards. Am I close?
            -AF

sigpic

Comment

The white walls, white balancing, placing of the characters, and the audio.

Comment

The stuff on the counter could be another.
                -AF

sigpic

Comment

Audio's pretty bad, making them somewhat hard to understand, but somehow I don't think that that's it. I would Swear the black haired woman is holding a card backwards for some inexplicable reason, and I'm pretty sure they're playing Rummy wrong as well... but it's been so long since I played, I really can't be sure.

Then there's the person sitting in the background, apparently just to fill in space, with the off screen person (I'm assuming camera person) chiming in. Then there's four bottles, when there's three in the scene (until the fourth talks). course this is all me spit balling here. Honestly, it looks like a home video more than a shot scene.
                  Find me on Twitter: [at]Shadoe_Fox

Comment

"Hint: Because there isn't much left." Clever hint! They're interacting with an actor who isn't even there -- no one is to the left.
                    www.facebook.com/BPodellProductions

Comment

Working...
                    X