Contracts for public crowds?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contracts for public crowds?

Hey guys, I had a question regarding having public crowds in a scene for a movie that is working towards getting distribution. I have a scene Im shooting next week at my community college at lunch time when its packed. My key actors will be in the shot , but also students in the background that probably dont even know they are in the shot. I also planned on getting a huge top shot from a building top that would be a wide shot of hundreds of students. Since I do not have a contract for these people will that be a problem with buyers and distributors legally?

Appreciate any advice.
    Thanks.

If their faces cant be seen, then your fine.

If there faces can be seen, then you need a release form.

I did exactly with what you are explaining here in my movie CULT,
    Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

Something we do in a city block type situation is we get our permit, then put signs everywhere saying that we are filming a feature film and if you cross this section you give us the right to use your face in our film.

Comment

Thanks Nick. Do you happen to know where I can get one of these release forms? And does a buyer like Maverick or anyone in the buying distributing game want these forms?

Comment

Wow. Thats pretty clever. And if they did cross, did you still need the release form from them?

Comment

I do have one somewhere on my work computer, let me go get it and ill try and attach it here in public for anyone that might find this page

About distribution companies, yes, Maverick requested every single contract, for every sign face in the movie.

About the open street, this is only for bodies to fill the background, if you see there face, then yes you need a release.

Comment

I see. That would be very helpful.

Comment

Working...
              X