Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was given privalege to DP this Project - Video Inside

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Was given privalege to DP this Project - Video Inside

    So I didn't direct this video. It was directed by the owner of a company I've been working with for the past couple months. I must say this video came out way better than I thought. I was the DP and camera man on this project. I also edited this in about an hour, so it's kind of a rough cut. I still need to do the sound editing though, and add in sound effects. Although I'm not a big fan of the script, that's beside the point lol. Now I got more stuff to build my reel :)

    Last edited by MrJay10; 06-22-2013, 01:59 PM.

  • #2
    Yea im looking forward to seeing this with the punching sound effects, how do you plan on doing that?

    Comment


    • #3
      The sound effects will make it rock.

      You did a great job in the DP/Cinematography department.

      What do they plan on doing with something like this?

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks for the compliments :) And they were planning on turning it into a webisode type thing, also to build their resume since they're a brand new company.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by EricTheMan View Post
          Yea im looking forward to seeing this with the punching sound effects, how do you plan on doing that?
          i'll probably just get some sound effects and slap em in there lol. I won't try and over-do it with the whooshes and everything cause then it gets to cartoonish.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by MrJay10 View Post
            i'll probably just get some sound effects and slap em in there lol. I won't try and over-do it with the whooshes and everything cause then it gets to cartoonish.
            That was pretty good. The music made it nice and intense.

            I remember reading... somewhere... that a good trick for making a realistic punching sound is to throw a bunch of fresh celery (Yes, the vegetable) into a pillow case and record hitting it with your fists or an object. It makes a good thuddy crunchy sound.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by spacecadetmotionpictures View Post
              That was pretty good. The music made it nice and intense.

              I remember reading... somewhere... that a good trick for making a realistic punching sound is to throw a bunch of fresh celery (Yes, the vegetable) into a pillow case and record hitting it with your fists or an object. It makes a good thuddy crunchy sound.
              haha yup I remember watching some foley artists do the same thing for a video game. I just wish the writing was up to par with the video for this :( (i didn't write it btw lol)

              Comment

              Working...
              X