Trouble Naming my Production Company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble Naming my Production Company

I'm starting off in the production industry with a few solid films, but I have yet to think of a name to call my production company. I wanted something that maybe corresponded with my name (my initials are LD).

Something fun and different! Help! I'm open to all suggestions.

Describe yourself and/or the things that really motivate you, and I'll try to come up with something.
    L A Morgan
    Novels, Screenplays, Short Scripts, and Music
    http://lamorganwriter.com

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out this website! I like to bring normal, ordinary things that people take for granted a lot and shine a different light on them. I like to make people see simple things in a not-so-simple way.

Comment

Do you have any nicknames or interests you could use for a name? I used my nickname from when I was a kid, which was flash (since I was always faster than everyone else in sports) and then took my favorite number, 10. And mixed them together. FlashTen Productions. Usually a name with an experience behind it is the most fulfilling. But of course you could make it anything like MonkeyPunk Productions lol idk.

Comment

Can you give some examples of company names you like?

Comment

How about Life Deductions? The D was hard to work with. If you don't like it, I could come up with other suggestions.
            L A Morgan

Comment

I like that A LOT!

Comment

A lot of people call me Lauz....hmm I could work with that!

Comment

I like it when two words are combined, like Dreamworks. I'm open to anything though.

Comment

Here's two more: Lostdreams, Lovedrift
                    L A Morgan

Comment

Here is a business name generator http://www.switchplane.com/awesome/b...ame-generator/

Some Examples: The Obtuse Banana LD Company
                      The Green Ram LD Film Company
                      LaurenDFilms

Comment

I came up with the name and logo for a childcare center I co- owned. I based it off of, of course the type of business it had to do with. The business of children. What I am saying is, try incorporating what type of projects you lean towards doing. Do you mainly work with documentaries, or the horror genera, dramas, or maybe all of the above. You don't need to always have our name incorporated. A creative play on words will always make your companies name memorable. Either which way you go, their are million of names I'm sure you could come up with. And when you come across "the one" you will know it. It will click.

Comment

This is always a hard task. Just remember that once you have it and you start building a decent fanbase, changing the name really isn't a good option. So make sure you find something you really like.
                          http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOnlyHavey

Comment

Hmmm... How about something like:

LookAgain or LookDeeper - referring to the different take you want to point out to people. (Obviously LookDeeper incorporates your initials)
                            4Granted - referring to things people take for granted
                            LoadData - Again incorporating your initials but making an ironic statement about how people can believe the data their given without questioning it.
                            LookingglassDown - Initials again, and since the term "looking glass" normally brings up the ideas of Alice in Wonderland, it could refer to the wonders you might find when you put the looking glass down and focus on the reality
                            PlayofLight - Not sure if this one has been done before, of course, but this one would offer multiple meanings. Play of light on the screen being one. Another being a metaphor for how our perceptions of things are often determined by the light in which they are presented to us. Meaning, in one light, a child licking an ice cream cone can be a sweet, cute image, while if it is shown in another light where we see a stranger has given it to her...

These are the ones that came to the top of my head. Let me know if they don't really resonate with you and I'll try to offer some more suggestions.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by WhimsySmiles View Post
                              Hmmm... How about something like:

LookAgain or LookDeeper - referring to the different take you want to point out to people. (Obviously LookDeeper incorporates your initials)
                              4Granted - referring to things people take for granted
                              LoadData - Again incorporating your initials but making an ironic statement about how people can believe the data their given without questioning it.
                              LookingglassDown - Initials again, and since the term "looking glass" normally brings up the ideas of Alice in Wonderland, it could refer to the wonders you might find when you put the looking glass down and focus on the reality
                              PlayofLight - Not sure if this one has been done before, of course, but this one would offer multiple meanings. Play of light on the screen being one. Another being a metaphor for how our perceptions of things are often determined by the light in which they are presented to us. Meaning, in one light, a child licking an ice cream cone can be a sweet, cute image, while if it is shown in another light where we see a stranger has given it to her...

These are the ones that came to the top of my head. Let me know if they don't really resonate with you and I'll try to offer some more suggestions.

Good luck!
                              I vote for LookAgain Productions, It relates so closely to what you said you like to do as well as your initials being used.

Comment

Working...
                              X