Need Battery for Remote Location

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Battery for Remote Location

Hi, I'm prepping a shoot in the countryside where there's no electricity. We'll need to power a 600wt bulb and a medium sized house fan. I'm thinking to use a 12v car battery with an inverter, but having never done this before, I'm wondering if there is a better kind of battery to use. Can anyone make any recommendations, or tell me where I can post directly to electricians or grip people? Thanks!

How about taking a small gas powered generator ?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOnlyHavey

Comment

Yes, I guess I could look into renting a small generator. I was just trying to keep things simple as possible. Thanks!

Comment

Definitely go with a generator, counting on a battery is a bad idea :)
        Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

I'm sold! I'm ditching the battery idea, and looking into generators. Thanks so much.

Comment

I was gonna suggest a generator, too. I had to shoot in the New England woods once...and we just rented a generator. They're kinda noisy, so keep that in mind for the audio.

Kurt Hathaway
            -------------------
            VikingDream7 Productions
            Video Production & Editing

khathawayart[at]gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by khathawayart View Post
              I was gonna suggest a generator, too. I had to shoot in the New England woods once...and we just rented a generator. They're kinda noisy, so keep that in mind for the audio.

Kurt Hathaway
              Yes, generators are very noisy. You may want to research the noise policy in your area so you don't get in trouble as a public disturbance or something.
              -AF

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X