Assistance needed RE: Vision Statement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assistance needed RE: Vision Statement

I am not sure if this is the correct forum, please let me know if it is not :)

I am confused about what a vision statement actually is.

I think it is like a pitch document? We used to be taught a treatment is a short one page description of your film, but we were informed this year a treatment is a much bigger collection of dicuments.

So my question is; Is a vision statement what I used to know a treatment as? A one page pitch?

Thanks everybody :D

What's the context of the question? Festival submission? Grant application?
    Screenwriter and script consultant: www.maralesemann.com

Comment

Student in College; generating all the associated documents of the short i directed earlier in the year

Comment

Originally posted by symesad View Post
        I am not sure if this is the correct forum, please let me know if it is not :)

I am confused about what a vision statement actually is.

I think it is like a pitch document? We used to be taught a treatment is a short one page description of your film, but we were informed this year a treatment is a much bigger collection of dicuments.

So my question is; Is a vision statement what I used to know a treatment as? A one page pitch?

Thanks everybody :D
        Since you're on a film makers forum, I'm assuming you mean a vision statement for a movie script deal, in which case it is a forward looking, or future looking statement in how you will go about making your movie. Producers will pay close attention to this as it will give a quick overview of what they can expect the budget to be, but also gives them an idea on film styling and let's them know you know what you're doing.

A treatment is most often times your first rough draft of your script, and can also include visual cues.

Your "one page" is a synopsis.

Comment

Man I wish I knew more on what you are talking about, there are some really smart people on this forum if you can give a little more info I am sure we can help
          Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

Well, it is for a Production Design assignment where I'm breaking down all my work. Perhaps this isn't the correct forum.

I have included documents such as; the script, location breakdown, props breakdown, a production journal that informs the look of the film involving set dressings and hair etc, I need A One Paragraph Vision statement, which I don't get.

Is this enough for you guys?

Comment

Moved to the correct forum:

Ok so I am guessing the "vision statement" is what you vision yourself doing on the project and how you will achieve the goals needed

Let me know your thoughts
              Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

Working...
              X