Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Producing a film with a smart phone

Hi all,
    I am toying with the idea of producing a film. I have a very limited budget. I have heard of films being made on smart phones. is it advisable? how to go about it? has anyone of you done it? kindly let me know the pros and cons of it.A word of advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

in my opinion :

there is one option for you : found footage (but try to get a decent sound recording system ) sound is so important.

you can make your money back if you distribute through vod "netflix , itunes , amzone etc: you need a super trailer (some sexy moments )

i highly advice you to see those movies :

http://www.imdb.com/list/TuMlSGxlNRY/

Comment

My friend and myself did a few short films with his iPhone 4 a year or so back. We kept it to 1 location with decent lighting, and you have to do it found footage. As long as you can keep it scary it CAN work. But of course nothing too crazy.
      http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOnlyHavey

Comment

Thanks Havey,
        Please let me know what found footage means.
        Thanks again.

Comment

Thanks a lot Gorilla Films.
          I don't know what found footage is. Kindly elaborate on this.
          Thanks again

Comment

Found Footage is the term that has come to cover all the films that copy the style of The Blair Witch Project.

Comment

Its like a proffesional movie made with a home camera. Ex. Paranormal activity, blair witch, etc.

Comment

and most of the time evryone is killed at the end : this is why we find the footage .

Comment

more we root for the characters and more the movie become interesting.

Comment

Working...
                  X