Monthly Short Films Log

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monthly Short Films Log

Well, one thing I've decided to do this year is to attempt to make one or more short films a month this year. I've got a large project coming up in June (which I've talked a bit about here in my introduction, I'll make a thread for that soon), but in between now and then I'm working on making a few shorts to improve my skills, and to make more throughout the year to keep them sharp. With this thread, I plan to continuously document the production of each here in order to not make multiple threads for multiple shorts.

My project for March is a short film called "In Their Grasp". It's set in an alternate course of history in which Germany wins WWII and launches a successful invasion to conquer the United States. The film follows a family living in the occupied zone being torn apart over differentiating opinions on the Nazi occupiers.

I've already got it cast and we're set to film on the weekend of March 23rd-24th. It will be about 10 minutes long and hopefully will be edited and released by the end of the month.

Thanks, I know this isn't much of an announcement to start with but I'm just putting it out there.

How pre-production going so far?

Comment

Very well, I just need to do a little editing to my script and it will be ready to go.

Comment

Awesome man. I would be doing something like this, but I just don't have the time right now. I'm spending all my time that I have for film planning a 20-30 minute short that I'm filming in August. Perhaps after that, I'll start doing a short a month. It all depends really. I hope that your film goes well. Please, keep us updated! I may be doing this for my short film that I'm doing, just to build some hype for it. This is my first ever serious film, so I want it to be successful as possible. If I start out strong, my journey onward may just be easier. :D

Comment

Hey Jungle, I found that simply saying and making an announcement like this will greatly increase your chances of actually getting it done! I love reading posts like this!
          Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

Hi Jungle Rot,
            I am also planning to produce short films, can you tell me who buys these films.

Comment

I'm really just a Youtube/hobbyist filmmaker, if you're interested in that I'd recommend talking to someone else on the boards. There are some guys out here who are actually work in the film industry.

Good luck!
              -Brent

Comment

Originally posted by Jungle Rot View Post
                I'm really just a Youtube/hobbyist filmmaker, if you're interested in that I'd recommend talking to someone else on the boards. There are some guys out here who are actually work in the film industry.

Good luck!
                -Brent
                Keep up the hard work, I started out doing some war action stuff as well. Keep up the hard work and stick around, check out some articles here and learn as much as you can while you are still young :)
                Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

Due to schedule problems with two lead cast members, the short film for this month will be postponed for a while. Might try and do something else next weekend, not certain yet.

-Brent

Comment

Working...
                  X