A new way we might actually pull this off

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new way we might actually pull this off

I had another thought for this idea. Its seemed dead in the water for a long time but I've though of something that just might pull it off. So far the problem has been coordination. We can't seem to keep everyone on board for long enough. We assign positions, but in the time it takes to get someone for the other positions the people we had to begin with have moved on. We need to start with a film that doesn't need so much organization one where new film makers from the forum can pick up where others left off. At first that doesn't sound very appealing because there's nothing to tie it together. Then it hit me, we could do a music video. We'll find some indy group/artist and get them to offer a song for a collaboration. We break the song into a few segments. Lets say for a 5 minute song 1 minute each and for a 3 minute 36 seconds each. Alternatively if the artist wants the song to have the video change at certain points we can go with their recommended time frame. Whoever is ready gets assigned the first segment. They shoot, edit and everything. From there new people can watch the segment and volunteer for the next slot. We can have a lead producer make final say on who gets a segment or the band can pick. Film makers will be free to use this forum to recruit people they might need like graphics artists or even nearby cast/crew. This way people will be able to go at their own pace. No one will get roped into something they don't want to do but at the same time there will be a running theme to keep everyone's segments feeling like part of a coherent finished product.

Great idea! I'm up for post work. (As I've mentioned before, lol!)
    -AF

sigpic

Comment

" ... new film makers from the forum can pick up where others left off...". That looks like Role-Playing Games, Mr Wiley.
      I am quick in (and good at) writing dialogues for scripts.
      You can count on me.
      My area of expertise is supernatural stories, sci-fi (time travel) and drama.
      Last edited by Marks; 06-27-2014, 07:09 AM.

Comment

I just want to know where it will be continued.

Comment

Well... It's a music video there probably wont be any dialogue. If you wanted to write the stage direction for a segment that's fine but you'd either need to produce that segment or find someone willing to help you do so.

If this seems feasible to everyone the next step would be finding an artist or band interested in working with us.

Comment

What do you mean by The stage direction ? The description of the setting and the charcaters' clothing ?

Is it being conitnued at Related Topics:Pull Focus Steady cam?

Comment

What do you mean by The stage direction ? The description of the setting and the charcaters' clothing ?

Is it being conitnued at Related Topics:Pull Focus Steady cam?

Comment

Precisely. Setting, character actions, ect.

Comment

Hey this was a good idea. I'm going to see if I can't find a band.

Comment

Working...
                  X