No more movies! Battery died.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more movies! Battery died.

It was a great idea to make a movie with forum people. But now it has suspended. Will it come back?

I'm still all up for helping edit, do vfx and any motion graphics, title sequence, etc.
    -AF

sigpic

Comment

I still want something to happen. I don't know what at this point.

How many animators do we have on the forum? That might be a way for us all to make a film. Some of us write, some animate some edit the animation. We could even do voice acting remotely as well as scoring.

Comment

So many people want to participate:)))

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Wiley View Post
          I still want something to happen. I don't know what at this point.

How many animators do we have on the forum? That might be a way for us all to make a film. Some of us write, some animate some edit the animation. We could even do voice acting remotely as well as scoring.
          I LOVE this idea! I've always wanted to do an animated horror film.

Comment

An animated horror film would be awesome :)
            Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

^ Glad you dig the idea Nick. :)

Comment

I love horror as well.

How many animators do we have on the forum? I figure we'd want at least three. Then we can assign each roughly a 3 minute segment and get a ten minute short.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Wiley View Post
                  I love horror as well.

How many animators do we have on the forum? I figure we'd want at least three. Then we can assign each roughly a 3 minute segment and get a ten minute short.
                  I'm not an animator, but I would be happy to help polish it with stuff like flares and color correction.
                  Last edited by Anonymous Filmmaker; 09-11-2013, 04:15 PM.
                  -AF

sigpic

Comment

What if we had 4 different animated shorts that served as pieces of an anthology film?

Each short could be 20 mins give or take a few.

We could have four different writers/producers and have however many animators it required.

Comment

lets start by seeing how many animators there are.

Comment

where did Ron Cole go?

Comment

I think the issue with the animators is having these people (that most likely are trying to support their family) work for free on a project that will most likely not make any revenue. Just thinking out loud

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Soares View Post
                            An animated horror film would be awesome :)
                            Interesting idea!!

Are we talking about a family safe kids cartoon about ghosts and ghouls or a straight up, "we're gonna scare you and spray you with so much blood that you may vomit in theatres" type of animation? I can't personally think of any horror movie that has been animated... except for this one:

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                            I think the issue with the animators is having these people (that most likely are trying to support their family) work for free on a project that will most likely not make any revenue. Just thinking out loud
                            That alone would almost make it worth aiming for a feature in my opinion... If there's a potential box office payday, people may be more receptive to volunteering to make it happen... especially if it's original like Nick's suggestion. The nice thing about going animation over live action would be that it could be done way easier by more people in more places and in their usual spare time after work without having to terribly disrupt their regular lives. For the most part, those involved would only have to congregate once or twice for pre-production and the voice-over recordings... even voice overs could be done at home and collated over the internet.

Either way, I like this animation idea. I'm no good at modeling and actual animation, but could help just about anywhere else including voice acting and writing... as far as writing goes, I've really wanted to do some collaborative writing for quite some time and this could be a good opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                              But that's what we're all talking about doing. I think we should be seeking out college/grad students who are studying animation that want to do something which showcases their work. That's really what we should be looking at here. Something good for our reels and maybe a few festival entries.

What killed it last time was when we started getting too extravagant.

Originally posted by spacecadetmotionpictures View Post
                              Interesting idea!!

Are we talking about a family safe kids cartoon about ghosts and ghouls or a straight up, "we're gonna scare you and spray you with so much blood that you may vomit in theatres" type of animation? I can't personally think of any horror movie that has been animated...
                              Here's what I'm thinking:

Originally posted by spacecadetmotionpictures View Post
                              That alone would almost make it worth aiming for a feature in my opinion... If there's a potential box office payday, people may be more receptive to volunteering to make it happen... especially if it's original like Nick's suggestion. The nice thing about going animation over live action would be that it could be done way easier by more people in more places and in their usual spare time after work without having to terribly disrupt their regular lives. For the most part, those involved would only have to congregate once or twice for pre-production and the voice-over recordings... even voice overs could be done at home and collated over the internet.
                              That's the sort of extravagance I was talking about. Animated features often take several years to complete. One made patchwork style with lots of animators would probably take even longer. The more animators you bring in the greater the chance that you end up with several terrible animations. I once came across a film called "Night of the Living Dead Reanimated" the premise was to take the audio from the original and have different animators animate every minute or so of it. On paper the premise sounds pretty cool. The result was unwatchable because most of the animation was terrible.

Its much more practical to find three talented young animators to create a ten minute short then it is to get dozens of them to create a feature.

Comment

Working...
                              X