Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to this forum, can I offer up free music for the film?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to this forum, can I offer up free music for the film?

I have been searching through the topics trying to see if a plot has been chosen. I would love to offer up some royalty free music to be used in the film. I could offer up some tracks for consideration once I know what plot has been chosen. Any objections, suggestions, concerns, or comments? Although I produce, direct, shoot, and edit my own music videos I am hardly a pro and feel like my skills as a musician would me a much better asset.

Do you have any samples of your work?

Comment

Absolutely, here are some of my videos. A couple of them are a few years old and I have many songs that dont have a video.. I could post Free DL links to my albums if anyone would be interested in reviewing them for consideration.

Comment

Those 3 songs are from my first album about 4 years ago.. I have much more recent tracks with best sound quality since I have upgraded equipment and gotten better at my writing/delivery but at least those give an idea about what I do.

Comment

Put together a "demo" reel. It would be easier to hear short snippets of your best music than to watch video after video to get an idea of what your music sounds like. You can also set up a website with .wav files so that we can hear a few measures of your songs. This would go far in promoting yourself as a composer.
          I write. Therefore I am.

Comment

I do have 2 of my albums available to stream at shneal.bandcamp.com if that helps.

Comment

Shneal - Most people want to hear snippets. Siddhartha Barnhoom composed the music to my first short film "Black Angel." Click on his name to see his website. That's what you need, I believe. Hope that helps.
              I write. Therefore I am.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I will have to work on a snippet reel. In the meantime I guess I will wait and see if a specific mood or style is needed and will provide tracks accordingly. I have been hard at work on my next album so It may be a week or two before I have the time to put a demo-reel together. I am confident I have several tracks for just about any mood or style and would also like the chance to provide instrumental tracks. Although I am new to scoring film I am experienced at producing instrumentals.. a new challenge would be exciting. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X