Short vs Feature head to head

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short vs Feature head to head

I wanted to hold another vote for medium with only the two most popular options on the table. Although Feature film came out as a winner there was strong support for a short film. Some key people, felt we should start with a short as a proof of concept for this highly experimental production style. This includes Nick, who I'd like to once again thank for organizing this project.

With that in mind lets do a head to head vote.
    Short
    66.67%
    Feature
    33.33%

I think that we should start with a short and then expand if the short works out well.
    -AF

sigpic

Comment

I'm all about doing a feature, but I agree that it wouldn't be such a bad idea to make the short first.

Comment

Okay, that is VERY head to head...heh
        Find me on Twitter: [at]Shadoe_Fox

Comment

Is anyone else not seeing a poll here? Wonder what I did to screw that up. Should I redo this? I can't create the poll using "Update"

Comment

I see the poll.

Comment

Originally posted by myownself View Post
              I see the poll.
              Yes, me too, but I almost missed it. I read the post, and then scrolled down, but it is at the very top.
              -AF

sigpic

Comment

Ah, there it is, very subtle, ha ha.

As much as I'd like to dive into a feature I have to admit that it makes sense to do a short as proof of concept. If we make a short then that might help us get funding for a feature.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Wiley View Post
                  Ah, there it is, very subtle, ha ha.

As much as I'd like to dive into a feature I have to admit that it makes sense to do a short as proof of concept. If we make a short then that might help us get funding for a feature.
                  Well now if we're doing a documentary, I think I may change my opinion and say just go with the feature. We can release a trailer mid-way if we run out of funding.
                  -AF

sigpic

Comment

I'm not at all interested in doing a documentary. I do a lot of documentary work already.

Comment

Yeah me neither. It would have to be a topic that happens to really interest me to do a documentary.

Comment

Voted for short :)

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Wiley View Post
                          I'm not at all interested in doing a documentary. I do a lot of documentary work already.
                          I think, i "THINK" Nick wants to see if this can even be done. Making a cinematic film will be hard - You will need crew. Are you willing to go to Fresno for a few days? I think if everyone wants to be a part of it, then lets just think of a subject to do a doc.

Comment

Originally posted by Vance Baryn View Post
                            Yeah me neither. It would have to be a topic that happens to really interest me to do a documentary.
                            I would prefer something other than a documentary, but if it's the only option I would still do it.
                            -AF

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
                              I think, i "THINK" Nick wants to see if this can even be done. Making a cinematic film will be hard - You will need crew. Are you willing to go to Fresno for a few days? I think if everyone wants to be a part of it, then lets just think of a subject to do a doc.
                              You'll need a crew for a documentary too. No one is expected to go very far out of their way travel wise. What we've all been talking about is a project which utilizes our various locations in a collaborative fashion.

I don't think shoehorning our existing locations into a documentary subject will make for compelling journalism.

Originally posted by Anonymous Filmmaker View Post
                              I would prefer something other than a documentary, but if it's the only option I would still do it.
                              Since I'm slated as writer a documentary would significantly reduce my involvement in the project if not eliminate my job completely.

Comment

Working...
                              X