X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vote for the Medium

1. Traditional Narrative Short

2. Web Series

3. Web ARG (ARG stands for Alternate Reality Game, in essence what we create is supposedly real life footage from a fictional world we're creating. In addition to videos ARGs tend to feature social media pages which are supposedly operated by the fictional characters of the show. Furthermore the show is self referential, breaking the 4th wall is not an issue because within the story the characters are really releasing their videos. ARGs frequently feature mystery and puzzle solving elements. This commonly involves codes within videos that reference files hosted on other sites. People can solve the code or follow clues to reveal new story information. In some cases this is a simple side game which adds fun and makes the over all experience more interactive, in other cases, like the EveryManHybrid series outside media is vital to understanding the over all story. If anyone is unfamiliar with this term I'd highly recommend checking out the TribeTwelve Youtube channel before voting.)

4. Feature Film
    Traditional Narrative
    27.78%
    Web Series
    22.22%
    Web ARG
    5.56%
    Feature Film
    44.44%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Patrick Wiley; 04-30-2013, 12:09 PM.

Feature

Can you explain ARG a little more please.

Comment

Feature

But willing to explore the ARG route
      Last edited by SamuelR74; 04-30-2013, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Provided a full explanation of what an ARG is.

Comment

Hmmm...that sounds pretty cool. I still really want this to be a feature but I'd be up for an ARG

Comment

The ARG stuff seems pretty interesting, but since I have no experience whatsoever in that, I vote for a feature. Or a feature that could be cut into a webseries if needed.

Comment

Feature film ARG seems like it could get expensive

Comment

Not really, in fact the ARG elements are all free. We just create more youtube channels, facebooks profiles, twitter profiles, blogs what have you and operate them ourselves.

Comment

How many of us are there? We should all check in at the crew section. Unless there's six people who haven't chimed in I believe Feature film is the winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Wiley View Post
                    How many of us are there? We should all check in at the crew section. Unless there's six people who haven't chimed in I believe Feature film is the winner.
                    To be fair there were quite a few more people contributing ideas to the original thread. I have a suspicion many of them haven't noticed this subforum yet or haven't had the time to write here.

Comment

Well the poll is still open. There need to be three more people to swing it to anything besides a feature.

Comment

Feature.

Comment

I vote for narrative short because a feature is simply such a huge undertaking that it's (much) more likely to be abandoned part way through. And writing a good screenplay is a major understaking before anything else can get underway, and without that, it doesn't matter how good everything else is.
                          Screenwriter and script consultant: www.maralesemann.com

Comment

Well the way we're talking about doing this it would be a process of several of us making short segments which together tell the complete story.

Comment

I vote for a SHORT! - Feature will be to difficult to start. I say if we can make a short film then we move on to making a feature film
                              Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

Working...
                              X