Cameras

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cameras

So as for camera what are we going to do?

I think it would be awesome if each setting had their own camera quality. Think about it, India wouldn't have the same quality as the US. I think it would make the film feel more authentic.

That's a good idea. It would also help people easily distinguish which segment comes from where.

Comment

Exactly. Also, it'll just make it easier for use so we don't all have to have the same camera.

Comment

Use what you got? iPhone, camcorder, dslr?

Comment

Um, why wouldn't India have the same quality as the US? The same equipment is available both places.

I think we should definitely shoot in HD. 720? 1080?

Comment

That's going to severely restrict the number of satellite units we can have. Not everyone has HD.

Comment

There are such things as rental houses pretty much everywhere.

Comment

I think FullHD should be the format to go for. It's true that some of the crews might not have HD equipment, but this is 2013 after all, they should be able to loan an HD camera from somewhere.
                I mean most smart phones have an HD camera in them now.

All of the different crews will produce different quality material that's a given, but I think it would be easier if the resolution and aspect ratio is at least the same.

Comment

While the lowerish end of HD cameras is probably acceptable, I think there should be a minimum quality expected as well. Smart phone cameras likely wouldn't meet this even if they are technically HD. I mean I have an HD camera sitting in front of me on my desk right now that I wouldn't use to shoot my dog's birthday party (I use it for location scouting and other stuff not intended to display to anyone).

Comment

Originally posted by Vance Baryn View Post
                    While the lowerish end of HD cameras is probably acceptable, I think there should be a minimum quality expected as well. Smart phone cameras likely wouldn't meet this even if they are technically HD. I mean I have an HD camera sitting in front of me on my desk right now that I wouldn't use to shoot my dog's birthday party (I use it for location scouting and other stuff not intended to display to anyone).
                    Absolutely. DSLR cameras are everywhere now. Every kid with a youtube channel has one. At the very minimum it should be an HD camcorder.

But as always, a good DP can create stunning images with the right lighting and capture it even on a modest consumer camera if they know what they are doing.

Comment

There are such things as rental houses pretty much everywhere.
                      I for one am not in a situation where I can spend that kind of money. I know one guy who has a decent camera but he's pretty busy with another project.

We really need to fill out the crew list and find out who had volunteered to run satellite units and what they have at their disposal.

Comment

I think you overestimate how much it would cost to rent a camera. I'm not talking high end or even medium end, but just something that can actually get a decent picture. Every place will be a little different, but the rental house I use rents decent consumer HD cameras for like $20 a day.

Comment

I think you overestimate how much it would cost to rent a camera. I'm not talking high end or even medium end, but just something that can actually get a decent picture. Every place will be a little different, but the rental house I use rents decent consumer HD cameras for like $20 a day.
                          I'll see if I can find comparable rates.

Comment

I think whatever camera is used, HD is a must without exception.

Comment

Originally posted by Director View Post
                              I think whatever camera is used, HD is a must without exception.
                              I think shoot in 1080, and then if necessary release lower quality.
                              -AF

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X