Idea For the Budget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea For the Budget

I think every different setting that we use should raise money and then we bring all the money together and the redistribute it according to needs. We could also just have everybody involved raise money and then bring it all together.

Eh, sounds like a good way to end up with infighting "Hey I raised $1000 and only spent $500, he only raised $200 yet your giving him $5000!"

I'd recommend satellite units be responsible for raising their own funds, if they come up short they can request help and people can volunteer their money.

Comment

Well, here's the thing. If we're all doing this as a community then we need to work together. So settings will need more budget than other naturally depending on the length of certain characters' stays in the film.

Comment

I'm with Patrick Wiley on this one.

Everybody donating money to a pot and distributing it according to needs sounds good in theory, but in practice it's different.

I don't think most people would be willing to invest money in a project if they can't vouch for each and everyone who is involved in the project.
        Also would it be an investment, a donation? Who would be looking over the distribution of the money? Would it have to be overseen by a lawyer? That all costs extra money and frankly sounds like a big headache to me.

The great thing about the project is that we have a large group of people, all of who are open to donating their time and effort for the project, a color grader offering to grade the movie for free, that's worth more than what he could offer in cash himself.

Also I am assuming that each filmmaking group who are offering to direct a segment for the project already own their own gear and have the necessary experience to pull it off.

I think we should look at the project as something we are all donating our time and efforts for. Other than that it should be a pretty low- to no-budget production in my opinion. Something great a bunch of filmmakers from around the world can accomplish.

Also, the chances for an experimental project like this making any money in any meaningful way are pretty minimal.

Comment

Originally posted by OffMindEnt View Post

Also, the chances for an experimental project like this making any money in any meaningful way are pretty minimal.
          You forget this was organized by an experienced distributor.

Comment

Yes. But just looking at the facts. It will be a movie made by several directors, all working at different levels. The final product will be an experimental piece. And it has no name actors.
            It's possible to distribute it in many ways, but money? Not so sure.

Of course money would be great, but I don't think that a possibility of money possibly coming in the future would justify people investing a lot of money into it.

Comment

Originally posted by OffMindEnt View Post
              Yes. But just looking at the facts. It will be a movie made by several directors, all working at different levels. The final product will be an experimental piece. And it has no name actors.
              It's possible to distribute it in many ways, but money? Not so sure.

Of course money would be great, but I don't think that a possibility of money possibly coming in the future would justify people investing a lot of money into it.
              Oh of course, low cost is why I think we still stand a chance at turning a profit.

Comment

I agree with Patrick. Each location should fund itself. I can imagine there will be no end to difficulties if we start distributing money and have to decide who gets what money where and... oh my God, I feel sick just thinking about. Each location should shoot within their means.

Comment

Well put Vance. After all, this should be a fun project more than anything. So no reason to hassle with boring things like money. ;)
                  Let's just create.

Comment

I think we need to have a completed script to even know what the budget could possibly be. Also, the genre of this film will play a large role in budget.

And speaking of budget, given enough planning, a movie can be made pretty inexpensively. If I told you what I spent on my last film you'd probably call me a liar.

Also, consider this. Each team will probably only be filming about 15 minutes each. 5 teams at 15 minutes would make a 75 minute feature film. 7 teams a 105 minute film, etc. I'm not even sure how many teams we have right now.

So I agree with Vance and Patrick. Let's each fund our own rounds. Besides, if you sent me the money, I would blow it drinking and whoring my way through Las Vegas :)~

Comment

I think that we should have one fundraiser, and split up the money. Many people on the forum have lots of experience with fundraising, so they can direct people to the fundraiser.
                      -AF

sigpic

Comment

Guys, guys, guys.... No one puts money up for anything. This is a fun project and if it cannot work then its no big deal. I think it will, and I like doing this I never have done before, but no one puts money into this but me. The idea was a 1-2 day shoot organized by people on this forum. I will take more of a lead on this once i fully recover from being sick, thanks!
                        Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

The thing is that people have begun to realize how much potential this has and want to make it as good as possible. There are a lot of us willing to put money in.

Comment

Originally posted by myownself View Post
                            The thing is that people have begun to realize how much potential this has and want to make it as good as possible. There are a lot of us willing to put money in.
                            Well lets just run a test first, lets first see if we can accomplish something simple, once we have then we can talk about a project that introduces possible money talk, until then I do not want anyone to think about putting money into this one.
                            Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

My Nick, you found yourself lassoing a whirlwind here a bit, didn't you.
                              Find me on Twitter: [at]Shadoe_Fox

Comment

Working...
                              X