No announcement yet.

Indiegogo Campaign for "The Divide", a Murder Mystery set in the Vietnam War

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indiegogo Campaign for "The Divide", a Murder Mystery set in the Vietnam War

I've had this campaign set up for a few days now and haven't attempted to share it yet. Now that I've got it ready, I thought I'd share the page for it.

We mostly need help acquiring prop pieces, I'm working personally to purchase a new DSLR to film on.

Please take a look, I hope you like what you see, and if you can help us out a little with a contribution it will help!

The Divide: Vietnam Murder-Mystery Short Film | Indiegogo

Thanks!
    -Brent

This reminds me of a war scene I shot to get an internship 12 years ago

War Action Scene - Intern Test - YouTube
    Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

Bump/Update thing:

A few things to show for the project:

Our costume and prop "collection" is growing, besides another pair of boots, some belts, and some insignia we're finished for costumes. We still need to get a few replica M1 Carbines. If I can get one or two of them actually, I can work with it and just pass them around. Here are three photos of what we have.

(All of the prop weapons pictured except for the M1 Carbine are meant to be used in the background).

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (69).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	60071

Name:	photo (70).jpg
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	60072

Name:	photo (76).jpg
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	60073

Today, I went to the location that will be serving as the firebase/field camp in the film. In the next two months, we'll be transforming this into the set by digging trenches, building bunkers, and many other means.

Name:	photo (77).jpg
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	60074

Name:	photo (78).jpg
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	60075

One convenient resource with the location is that due to the fact that it's on a farm, there is an abundance of old farm waste lying in the woods. Some of the things we've found, such as barrels/oil drums and scrapwood, would have been used in Vietnam to build bunkers. Other things, such as old glass bottles (I found a vintage Dr Pepper bottle today) are perfect for dressing the set.

There are a few military vehicle and weapons collectors that I know of in my area. I'm trying to get some vehicles on lend to film with as well as a few period rifles (which will be fitted with blank adapters for safety reasons).

Thanks for looking, any donation is helpful so please take a look!
      -Brent
      Last edited by Jungle Rot; 03-30-2013, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X