Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use of copyrighted songs for personal videos

Hello,
    I'm a Newbie in videomaking and I would like to ask some info about use of copyright songs for videos ONLY FOR PERSONAL USE so for NO COMMERCIAL use:

- Can I use copyrighted songs if I insert name of author in the credits of video?
    - If I use Cover of copyrighted songs in the same way?
    - If a buy a song or whole CD with this song on a store, can I have permission to use it for video?

Thanks for your replies.

At no time do you have permission, nor are you able to use, someone else's music in any of your videos unless you have a release, agreement, or license from the copyright holder. The fact that your intention is not for commercial use has no bearing what-so-ever.

There are no creative ways, or justifications, to enable you to use the music. You have to have a license or permission in some other form, period.

This may sound strict, but I am just conveying how the law is, and how important it is to have permission.

Steve

Comment

As long as you do not use it for getting profit or money from it, then it should be okay.

Comment

Youtube I believe has a program that allows you to use copyrighted music and in return enables ads, of which the revenue goes to the creator of the song, not you.
        -AF

sigpic

Comment

I think it's okay if the video you make is for personal use. As long you didnt make it as a commercial video.

Comment

Working...
          X