Name

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name

Hi, I have come up with this name for my film production company but after googling the name (which i will not say in case someone steals it) i found out there is a company with the same name. There website is (name).company and they make hardware and stuff, not films. Is it OK to use the name, (name) productions? I tried emailing them but there email is not working for some reason.

P.S Also, in case i do not use this name, does the name of my production company need to mean/represent something?

Originally posted by IndieMovieMaker View Post
    Hi, I have come up with this name for my film production company but after googling the name (which i will not say in case someone steals it) i found out there is a company with the same name. There website is (name).company and they make hardware and stuff, not films. Is it OK to use the name, (name) productions? I tried emailing them but there email is not working for some reason.
    Warning: I'm no legal expert, I'm just speaking based on what I would do :D

A few things I would check. Are the .com and .net taken? Does it show if the copyrighted or trademarked their name? If both are no, I would probably go ahead and do it anyway, and then try to get the name registered and protected somehow. (Copyright or trademark.)

How big do you want this production company to be? If it's big and you can't copyright it, you should change it. If it's going to be a little youtube channel or something than don't worry about it.

P.S Also, in case i do not use this name, does the name of my production company need to mean/represent something?
    Not at all.
    -AF

sigpic

Comment

I think .com is not taken (it i just gives me white screen), and .net as been taken but it is for some italian company. genesi.company have copyrighted and trademarked Genesi USA, Inc. I want my production company to be not huge but to have room to grow.

Comment

How about genesi studios or genesi productions?
        -AF

sigpic

Comment

Those are not taken.

Comment

Working...
          X