Joker Web Series

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joker Web Series

Hi, i am very interseted in making a web series. And one idea i have been wanting to do for a while is a series about the Joker before he met Batman. I was wondering, is that legal? Do i have to buy rights, ownership etc.? Or can i go ahead and do it.

You will NOT have the right to make web series based on the Joker, because he is a copyrighted character. But, if you were to do a fan series, AND you were not going to make money, Warner Brothers will probably allow you to do it. The standard arrangement seems to be that the major studios allow their fans to use their characters, so long as the fans don't make money.

Comment

Originally posted by Aspiringmogul View Post
      You will NOT have the right to make web series based on the Joker, because he is a copyrighted character. But, if you were to do a fan series, AND you were not going to make money, Warner Brothers will probably allow you to do it. The standard arrangement seems to be that the major studios allow their fans to use their characters, so long as the fans don't make money.
      Yeah, I'd say it's safe to go ahead as long as you aren't profiting anything from it. Remember, if you're putting it on Youtube, deselect monetization for the video and any trailers/teasers/etc. you make for it.

Comment

Working...
      X