Somewhat Basing My Film on a True Story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somewhat Basing My Film on a True Story

So a murder took place in my town about 10 years ago. It was against a young gay man (early 20's) and he was beaten to death by this man and killed.

I based a story around his death. But I am not using his name or even giving my character the same characteristics as the actual man who was killed.

I am making it to where he is still beaten to death, but instead of it being against 1 guy, its going to be against 3 AND his "lover" is going to be there with him being beaten as well.

I'm not even going to put based on a true story in the film, because honestly, its really not.

But do you think I will have any problem with this. Someone brought it up and even though I don't think I'll have a problem, I was just curious.

Thanks!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOnlyHavey

I don't think there will be any problem with it. Noone would even know that you based it on anything.
    -AF

sigpic

Comment

Unless you mention it i dont recon anyone will even recall, providing locations and date setting is different from that of the murder im pretty sure unless you mention it no one will know.

Comment

Working...
      X