Warning: Use of undefined constant THIS_SCRIPT - assumed 'THIS_SCRIPT' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/filmmakerforum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(369) : eval()'d code on line 25 Why tons of noise is generated between frame blending in animated films? - Filmmaker Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why tons of noise is generated between frame blending in animated films?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why tons of noise is generated between frame blending in animated films?

Hello guys.
    I hope that I am posting in the right room.

Question.

Why is common to find high amount of noise in animated films in scenes with a lot of camera movements. Some graphics and shapes generate a lot of noise in between the blend of the frames. It is an issue related to render, layers, textures, compression, etc? I am very curious about it.

I attach two images with examples. View the images in 100% size to see the noise more in detail.

I appreciate your time to reply.

Regards!

I don't see any noise. What I do see is blur. I'm not sure how that is created but it probably adds to the animation and is probably done intentionally.

Comment

This is called motion blur. It is added intentionally in post production to simulate the blurring in live action film that happens naturally. It also helps diminish the hard edged look that can occur in digital filmmaking.

Comment

Working...
      X