Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you fake a sex scene when shooting in this case?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you fake a sex scene when shooting in this case?

For the script I want to direct, there is a scene where a male character gives oral sex to a female character and I want to show it, and the character reactions. It's not meant to be exploitative or titilating or anything, it's a scene of psychological abuse and control, so I think it's important to show it as well as the character emotions and develop that come out of it, in order to understand what comes of the characters after.

But how do other movies show oral sex without the actors actually having to touch each other? I was told to use doubles, when asking other filmmakers, but then you are just asking doubles to do just as awkward of a thing though, and not sure that would help really.

What do you think?

I think this is a case where a little bit of suggestion goes a long way. DON'T have the actors be completely naked. Use sheets and knees to provide cover, and show the back of his head going between her legs - briefly. Then show the misery in her face - it can be fear, sadness, anger, whatever - but use THAT more than the physical act of oral sex.

Keep it very brief - otherwise it will be exploitative, regardless of your intent.
    Screenwriter and script consultant: www.maralesemann.com

Comment

Oh okay thanks. Yes, I don't have to have the actors completely naked. It's just I want to show the emotion of the guy as his face is buried in the woman's groin though. So how do I show his emotion while he is doing that, without showing at least a bit of her groin? That is the tough shot so far.

Comment

He puts his head between her knees - briefly - and lifts it up. THAT is when you show his face. DO NOT show it when it is literally in her groin.
        Screenwriter and script consultant: www.maralesemann.com

Comment

Originally posted by mara View Post
          He puts his head between her knees - briefly - and lifts it up. THAT is when you show his face. DO NOT show it when it is literally in her groin.
          I really like your suggestions, mara.

Comment

Originally posted by mara View Post
            I think this is a case where a little bit of suggestion goes a long way. DON'T have the actors be completely naked. Use sheets and knees to provide cover, and show the back of his head going between her legs - briefly. Then show the misery in her face - it can be fear, sadness, anger, whatever - but use THAT more than the physical act of oral sex.

Keep it very brief - otherwise it will be exploitative, regardless of your intent.
            Your suggestions are very useful, mara.
            ... ... ... ...

Comment

Working...
            X