Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think it's bad to ask for food on shoots in this case?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think it's bad to ask for food on shoots in this case?

I have been helping someone shoot his movie projects, when he has short films going on, but every one of them he wants to shoot, he chooses to shoot out in this town in the middle of nowhere, which I don't mind, if he would feed the cast and crew, but we have to go the whole day, making a two drive to the location, then work for maybe 8 hours for a shoot, then drive 2 hours back.

I can bring my own meal, but sometimes I feel that when you have someone helping you for 8-12 hours, some food should be provided, especially when he insists on shooting everything he wants to do in this town, when he lives in the city, but yet still chooses this place all the time.

What do you think? Is it too awkward to ask when everyone is working for free, or what do you think?

Food and non-alcoholic beverages (water is fine) should always be provided, ESPECIALLY when people are working for free. If the producer (probably the same person as the director?) can't guarantee that the cast and crew will be fed, then don't do the project.
    Screenwriter and script consultant: www.maralesemann.com

Comment

Well I already agreed to do it, since I want to get experience and meet new people, and have already shot for two days now with a third one on the way. Maybe a fourth, if anything needs to be reshot. I already did another project of his before as well. So I am already doing it, but wonder if I should make a request or something.

I mean in the middle of nowhere, where he shot both his projects, there is no place to get food unless he plans ahead before leaving the city, which he hasn't.

Comment

"Hi [name],
        I was wondering: will you take care of food and drinks?
        Or should I bring my own?"

Comment

Originally posted by ironpony View Post
          Well I already agreed to do it, since I want to get experience and meet new people, and have already shot for two days now with a third one on the way. Maybe a fourth, if anything needs to be reshot. I already did another project of his before as well. So I am already doing it, but wonder if I should make a request or something.

I mean in the middle of nowhere, where he shot both his projects, there is no place to get food unless he plans ahead before leaving the city, which he hasn't.

You are doing this work while trying to get everything together for your own project that you are going to shoot in about 4 days?

Steve

Comment

Guess you should take care the foods by yourself. Prepare some extra foods would be great since you are in the middle of nowhere.

Comment

[QUOTE=Steve Olander;34355]You are doing this work while trying to get everything together for your own project that you are going to shoot in about 4 days?

This director's shoot was suppose to happen two weeks ago but got delayed till now. So I am trying to juggle both. On the plus side, the director is willing to help me on mine now, it turns out.

There is also something else on his shootings that is a concern to me. The lead actor is constantly pointing all the problems on set to the director, like how the location doesn't look good for the scene, and is all wrong for the art direction, or the time of day is all wrong for the scene, and things like that. He keeps wanting to reshoot everything in different locations under different lighting all the time.

He is constantly trying to talk to the director into getting new locations and reshooting everything with better equipment. I don't think he is trying to be rude or anything at all, he just really loves the script, but I feel he is bringing everything down in the fact, that he is bothered by all these things that we are cannot fix, if we expect to get it done and in the can. So I was wondering is there a way to make him see that and not bother everyone with so many concerns?

Or maybe I am just letting distract me too much while working, and I should just ignore it.
              Last edited by ironpony; 07-02-2017, 11:01 PM.

Comment

hahaha, you found some like you who says it on set instead of a message board?

Comment

If you're not the director or the producer, it's not your problem.
                  Screenwriter and script consultant: www.maralesemann.com

Comment

Working...
                  X