Warning: Use of undefined constant THIS_SCRIPT - assumed 'THIS_SCRIPT' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/filmmakerforum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(369) : eval()'d code on line 25 Hottest Indie Camera? - Filmmaker Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hottest Indie Camera?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hottest Indie Camera?

Im guessing its the new EPIC...
    Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Canon C300

I so want to use one of these.

Comment

Depends on the budget. F3 is the most versatile because it can work for the lower budget films shooting straight to the cards or can compete with the Alexa (for a significantly lower price) shooting S-Log 4:4:4 to an external recorder for the bigger budget films.

Comment

Originally posted by CoryB View Post
        Depends on the budget. F3 is the most versatile because it can work for the lower budget films shooting straight to the cards or can compete with the Alexa (for a significantly lower price) shooting S-Log 4:4:4 to an external recorder for the bigger budget films.
        Cory, is F3 a camera or a feature on epic, for a second I though you were talking about F stop

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
          Cory, is F3 a camera or a feature on epic, for a second I though you were talking about F stop
          It's a Sony camera: Sony Product Detail Page PMWF3L

I definitely recommend checking it out.

The new Canon C300 looks interesting too. I'm looking forward to trying that one out at some point.

Comment

Wow amazing camera, never new it existed, im assuming it shoot 24p I couldnt find the fps

Comment

Yea, shoots 24p. Also shoots 1080 60p to an external recorder for some nice slow motion. I'll post some footage of mine from it when I get a chance.

Comment

can it shoot 1080 24p?

Comment

Yep, and it's a world camera so it shoots all the PAL frame rates as well.

Comment

Holy Smoke, I cant believe my RED crew never talked about this!

Comment

Yea, it's a great camera. The Red cameras obviously has lots of advantages (5K/4K, RAW), but if you are finishing in 1080p the Sony is a great option.

Comment

I've heard good things about the RED Scarlet

Comment

Working...
                        X