Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite person you met?

Hi everyone,

I don't really want to say the word famous, but who is the most significant or favorite person you have met in the entertainment industry? Could be some one that inspired you.

I remember playing tennis in Florida and hearing a familiar voice playing tennis on the court behind me. Because a screen covers the fence, I couldn't see who it was. And I thought... There is no way in hell this guy would be here. it is a small world they say, but come on. He kept talking so I decided to walk off the court and around. My eyes opened wideeeee "Robert Plant! Is that you?!" It was. We talked music and tennis for a bit. Though I am not a musician, I love music. And to meet the lead singer from Led Zeppelin who certainly is one of the top 5 singers in our lifetime was an experience.

Director Richard Donner introduced me to Steven Spielberg as a "fellow director" on the set of The Goonies.

I talk about it in my book (apologies for the shameless promotion). :D
    2001 Productions Web Site

Comment

My favorite experience was talking with Mel Gidson when he was discussion Apocalipto at universal, His eyes will pierce into your soul, its crazy.
      Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

Okay, that's a bizarre coincidence. I was just looking into buying Apocalypto on DVD this morning! What are the friggin' odds?!
        2001 Productions Web Site

Comment

Bruce willis for me, i installed a granite counter top in his michigan house about 8 or 9 years ago. Super cool guy!!

Comment

Okay, because I've become a bit of a screenwriting nerd, mine was Jan Sardi - totally star struck!! :p

Comment

I guess the most impressive star I have met was Jose Ferrer. He was acting in The Odd Couple with a friend of mine, Joe Bird, a great actor who gave me a lot of insight; we shook hands and I left; the funniesrt part was when I came back to see Joe after the matinee; an old lady was waiting to get Ferrer's autograph and I informed her that Jose had already left to get a nap before the evening show. She insisted on getting mine and when I protested that I was not famous, she beamed up at me and said "You will be someday." Of course, I'm still waiting.
              Last edited by ktico; 05-26-2012, 09:45 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Chuck Norris 1988 at the orlando International Airport before I got shipped out to bootcamp, chatted at the gate for like 20minutes , got a picture with him , he is a lot shorter than what he looks like on tv :)

Comment

moments... I havent met anyone famous yet :(

Comment

Funny, tho' I work out here in Hollywood, seems I met a lot more famous people in New York than here. While in film school, Arthur Penn was directing "Four Friends" down the street. I had to meet the man who made my all-time favorite movie: Bonnie and Clyde. Crashed the set and got his autograph between takes. Did the same thing when Robin Williams was shooting "Garp" in front of my dorm. Met lots of others as time went along, but always in a non-work environment, oddly.

Kurt Hathaway
                    -------------------
                    VikingDream7 Productions
                    Video Production & Editing

Comment

I did work with Conan O'Brien on a film before he had his own show. Funniest man I ever met--and I'm pretty hilarious myself. When he got his own show a few months later, I couldn't believe it was the same guy--but how many Conan O'Briens are there?

khathawayart[at]gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                      X