Canon 5D - Amazing footage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canon 5D - Amazing footage

Ok, so I produced my last film using the RED ONE. The footage is amazing, and I truly thought nothing would compare to it. Yet, the other day I saw my sisters footage she shot with her Canon 5D, IT WAS AMAZING. I felt a little behind on not knowing how amazing this footage was.

Am I going crazy or will I soon be seeing a feature film shot with this camera.

Nick Soares
    Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Yes. Hence my desire for one.
    I have a specific look for my new film The Secret Dimension, and the Canon ES 5D MKII with a specific lens, does what I want.

Beautiful camera.
    Last edited by Thanapaulis; 02-17-2012, 03:31 AM.

Comment

Also, I know a lot about this camera, and can say I knew little infos and tech stuff before Wikipedia had an article on it, but here's a (very small actually), list of films and TV done with it, including an episode of HOUSE and SNL

If someone gets me just the body, I'll give em producer credit. Even with footage up, a trailer, I'll want one to shoot this. I started doing DP stuff years back, photography which I still do, and coloring/editing, so this is my dream camera right now.

Indie Film and Television Shot Using The 5D

In March 2010, Canon released firmware version 2.0.4 for the 5D Mark II, adding 24p framerate and manual audio recording.[16][17]
      Notable film and television productions that used the Canon 5D Mark II include (in order of release):
      The opening title sequence for the 35th season of NBC's Saturday Night Live, first broadcast on 26 September 2009. The camera, alongside the Canon 7D, was used due to its size, which allowed covert shooting on the streets of New York City, and depth of field capabilities, making it a suitable substitute for the series' usual 35mm film.[18]
      The House episode "Help Me", broadcast by Fox on 17 May 2010, was shot entirely on the Canon 5D Mark II, replacing the drama's usual 35mm film format.[19][20][21] Portions of the seventh season were also recorded with a 5D Mark II.[22]
      The BBC Two comedy series Shelfstackers, first broadcast on 4 September 2010, is the first BBC programme to use the camera. The corporation had initially refused its use due to "lack of quality" but were persuaded otherwise by the series' director, Dom Bridges. All six episodes of the series were shot on the camera for a total budget of 160,000.[23]
      The Road to Coronation Street, broadcast by BBC Four on 16 September 2010, is the first UK television drama to be shot on the Canon 5D Mark II. The drama's director of photography was impressed and plans to use the camera on the seventh series of the BBC One drama Hustle.[24]
      The rebooted Hawaii Five-0 TV series is currently shot using Canon 5DmkII. [25]
      Behzat . Bir Ankara Polisiyesi, a Turkish TV series is being shot on Canon 5DmkII. [26]
      Rubber, a 2010 French horror movie directed by Quentin Dupieux, was entirely shot on Canon 5DMkII.
      Dongala Mutha a 2011 commercial mainline Telugu movie was shot entirely using five Canon 5D MarkII cameras simultaneously. Each shot was captured in 5 different angles at the same time as an experiment.
      The 2012 Film Act of Valor was shot with the use of the Canon 5D Mark II
      Last edited by Thanapaulis; 02-17-2012, 03:33 AM.

Comment

Yeah the 5D was originally made just to be a photo camera. Cannon realized they had an amazing sensor on it. I shot a commercial once on a 5D. It seems though that people have a shutter wobble with it when shooting long term projects such as a feature film.

Comment

Originally posted by Thanapaulis View Post
          Also, I know a lot about this camera, and can say I knew little infos and tech stuff before Wikipedia had an article on it, but here's a (very small actually), list of films and TV done with it, including an episode of HOUSE and SNL

If someone gets me just the body, I'll give em producer credit. Even with footage up, a trailer, I'll want one to shoot this. I started doing DP stuff years back, photography which I still do, and coloring/editing, so this is my dream camera right now.

Indie Film and Television Shot Using The 5D

In March 2010, Canon released firmware version 2.0.4 for the 5D Mark II, adding 24p framerate and manual audio recording.[16][17]
          Notable film and television productions that used the Canon 5D Mark II include (in order of release):
          The opening title sequence for the 35th season of NBC's Saturday Night Live, first broadcast on 26 September 2009. The camera, alongside the Canon 7D, was used due to its size, which allowed covert shooting on the streets of New York City, and depth of field capabilities, making it a suitable substitute for the series' usual 35mm film.[18]
          The House episode "Help Me", broadcast by Fox on 17 May 2010, was shot entirely on the Canon 5D Mark II, replacing the drama's usual 35mm film format.[19][20][21] Portions of the seventh season were also recorded with a 5D Mark II.[22]
          The BBC Two comedy series Shelfstackers, first broadcast on 4 September 2010, is the first BBC programme to use the camera. The corporation had initially refused its use due to "lack of quality" but were persuaded otherwise by the series' director, Dom Bridges. All six episodes of the series were shot on the camera for a total budget of 160,000.[23]
          The Road to Coronation Street, broadcast by BBC Four on 16 September 2010, is the first UK television drama to be shot on the Canon 5D Mark II. The drama's director of photography was impressed and plans to use the camera on the seventh series of the BBC One drama Hustle.[24]
          The rebooted Hawaii Five-0 TV series is currently shot using Canon 5DmkII. [25]
          Behzat . Bir Ankara Polisiyesi, a Turkish TV series is being shot on Canon 5DmkII. [26]
          Rubber, a 2010 French horror movie directed by Quentin Dupieux, was entirely shot on Canon 5DMkII.
          Dongala Mutha a 2011 commercial mainline Telugu movie was shot entirely using five Canon 5D MarkII cameras simultaneously. Each shot was captured in 5 different angles at the same time as an experiment.
          The 2012 Film Act of Valor was shot with the use of the Canon 5D Mark II
          How is the trailer coming along?

[at]Iron - wow I didnt know that, thats neat

Comment

Yeah its a great camera. Here is a link to films shot on dslrs. There are some 5ds in there.

Comment

Ill have to get one of these, I have some really cool easy to shoot horror ideas

Comment

Working...
              X