Where to start. . .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to start. . .

I'm finding it difficult to get noticed (and I've been trying for several years now).
    Living in Canada is one problem; there aren't many agents in my locale.
    Any suggestions on how to get agents and potential producers to take notice in your neck of the woods?
    Maybe getting naked and jogging beside my car like Will Farrell would do the trick. . . :eek:

What have you done so far to get notice, would be interested to know..

List what actions you have done (not soon to be actions) here, in the last 6 months:

etc..

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph View Post
      I'm finding it difficult to get noticed (and I've been trying for several years now).
      Living in Canada is one problem; there aren't many agents in my locale.
      Any suggestions on how to get agents and potential producers to take notice in your neck of the woods?
      Maybe getting naked and jogging beside my car like Will Farrell would do the trick. . . :eek:
      There is a huge film market in Canada, Ralph the biggest issue with try to get noticed as a writer is - There are hundreds of thousands of writers. And most dont want to show their script unless they have a signed agreement, which is understandable, but im trying to get it through peoples heads that you cant just submit your script to large companies anymore. It is required by them to delete your material and let you know that the federal court suggest not to accept unsolicited scripts.

Submit your script to script fests, try and win awards, find someone that knows someone, etc.... Try try try...

Find an successful indie producer that has received distribution more then once etc...

and the list goes on.

I hope this helps Ralph :)
      Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

[QUOTE=M5Boss;876]What have you done so far to get notice, would be interested to know..

List what actions you have done (not soon to be actions) here, in the last 6 months:

1. On the internet daily
        2. Answer ISA calls for shorts and features
        etc...
        3. InkTip calls
        4. Got feedback for script at Abbot, and altered it to suit
        5. Joined Facebook and LinkedIn (recently) to make connections
        6. Have tried to get appointments to pitch locally (no unsolicited manuscripts, in most cases)

Comment

try networking on Production Booth - Production Booth once it's up. its a large facebook-like community for filmmakers and has a bunch of other free perks

Comment

Working...
          X