Anyone Watch The Oscars?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Watch The Oscars?

Did anyone watch the Oscars last night? Did anyone else think they went to far with the whole puppet cocaine deal? And the boobs song and the orgy talk?

Maybe its just me now being a father, but man, I couldn't let my child watch this event like I could have years ago.....

Am I over reacting?
    Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

These awards shows are a joke anyway. Let alone all the added stuff they add to try and make it entertaining.
    The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.

Comment

To me, (personally) the puppet and cocaine was really funny, the orgy part was a bit much, but as a youngster, i laughed out loud

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke View Post
        These awards shows are a joke anyway. Let alone all the added stuff they add to try and make it entertaining.
        Couldn't have said it better myself

Comment

I watched it, and I agree. It was too much, especially that whole boobies song. And the opening was too long, too. Oh well, at least we saw some great people win, though I was disappointed to not see Django win more.

I'd like to use this forum more often to connect with other filmmakers.

Comment

I watched the Oscars and I felt we as the audience got exactly what I expected to see with Seth hosting. He is known for doing exactly what he did there and the producers knew this when they hired him. I do not feel he should be getting such a bad wrap like he is. He was true to who he is through out the night.

Comment

I agree that he did what he was hired to do, the way they all knew he would.
              Yes I found the boobs song obnoxious and a bit offensive (shall we start singing about men who've done frontal nudity?).
              But I find Seth McFarlane funny overall, and that certainly didn't stop me from enjoying other aspects of his performance.
              Last edited by mara; 02-25-2013, 02:08 PM. Reason: Typo
              Screenwriter and script consultant: www.maralesemann.com

Comment

Nope. Watched Walking Dead and then Talking Dead last night :)
                http://leealexander.weebly.com/

Comment

I actually didn't watch The Oscars. I had something more important to do like hammering nails into my scrotum.

Comment

I did like the sock puppet Flight parody. The other two I could have done without, not because they were offensive, just not funny.
                    2001 Productions Web Site

Comment

Dont get me wrong everyone, I laughed my butt off when he came up with Coke on his sock face, but I was like "Man this is so not family friendly" thats all :)
                      Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

The "salute to the losers" song showed us just what Hollywood has become; Angry, arrogant, snarky and self entitled. The only genuine moment of the night was Tarantino's speech because you could see just how thankful he really was for this moment. The Pi protest being handled with the Jaws music was really one of the nastiest things I've seen in Hollywood since they gave awards in the aisles 10 years ago.

This is why I cheer on the indies and give 2 middle fingers to the studio and schmoozer establishment.

Comment

Originally posted by BigChris View Post
                          The "salute to the losers" song showed us just what Hollywood has become; Angry, arrogant, snarky and self entitled. The only genuine moment of the night was Tarantino's speech because you could see just how thankful he really was for this moment. The Pi protest being handled with the Jaws music was really one of the nastiest things I've seen in Hollywood since they gave awards in the aisles 10 years ago.

This is why I cheer on the indies and give 2 middle fingers to the studio and schmoozer establishment.
                          My opinion on those bits was the exact opposite.

Granted, the premise of the "losers" song was funnier than the actual song, since a lot of it was probably improvised on the spot.

But I didn't find the song angry, arrogant, snarky or self entitled, infact it was sarcastic in tone, poking fun at that kind of thinking, so IMO it was quite the opposite.

I am not sure what you mean by the Pi protest, but the idea of using the Jaws theme as the cut off music was genius in my opinion.

I didn't find it nasty since it wasn't meant towards any particular person, they used it as the "cut-off music" for several people.

Previous years they have used something more mellower as the cut-off music, but the Jaws theme works perfectly.

Overall, I think the Oscars were good. Much, much better than when James Franco and Anne Hathaway hosted, their comedy routine bombed badly, wich goes to show you, you're better off hiring an actual comedian who has comedic timing to deliver the jokes.

The opening Shatner bit went on a bit too long, but nevertheless it was funny.

I would love to see Seth host next year too. Heck, I'm still hoping that they try to get Eddie Murphy to host again, since he flaked the first time.

Comment

I'm gonna go with overreacting. What is "family friendly" is based on puritan ideals that have stuck around far, far too long in US culture. I can't imagine any way that any of those bits you mentioned could be harmful to a child.

Comment

According to an article on Yahoo Seth McFarlane said he would never host the Oscars again. I can't say I blame him. I think he got a bad wrap for being who he is.

Comment

Working...
                              X