Homemade SteadyCam for Canon 5D

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homemade SteadyCam for Canon 5D

So my sister was really wanting to create smoother shots with her camera, she called me up and asked if I could build her a steadycam. I said I can do what I call a "half steadycam" which is just part of a true steadycam. Here is what we made today, I will upload some footage we shot later

Budget $30
    Total Spent - $27

I can add this list of material if people request it, but you should be able to see everything in the pictures

Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

**RESERVED** for footage
    Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

Hm. Pretty cool concept you came up with! One of my friends made something similar to this. We also made a dolly which works pretty well. I'll try to snag some pictures of it and post on here ASAP.
      http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOnlyHavey

Comment

Yea Havey, im very interested to see

Comment

I designed a stedycam one time but never got around to building it. Though it was much more expensive then this design.

I can post up my design sometime for your opinions sometime.
          The newbie.

Comment

Troy, can you please post your plans for the steadcam. I am new I am looking to build the one that connects to your body

Comment

Yeah I will. The one thing though is that they are on an external hard drive (One of those my passport things). The problem is that the plug in got crap jammed in it and wont fit into the computer. So I need to get a new cable to access those files. It may be on my backup hard drive though as well. So ill post it up between tomorrow and Sunday.

And yes mine connected to your body.
              The newbie.

Comment

Originally posted by Troy View Post
                Yeah I will. The one thing though is that they are on an external hard drive (One of those my passport things). The problem is that the plug in got crap jammed in it and wont fit into the computer. So I need to get a new cable to access those files. It may be on my backup hard drive though as well. So ill post it up between tomorrow and Sunday.

And yes mine connected to your body.
                Ok, tank you very much!

Comment

Working...
                X