• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treadwell
    started a topic Webinar

Webinar

Hey Nick,
    This filmmaker's forum is awesome! There's a wealth of info here that is priceless. And what I really like is that the help, guidance and support offered is not over-shadowed with arrogance and egos of those in the big league (who has already 'made it'). The tone and format of this forum is absolutely wonderful. I feel comfortable asking questions (I'm a newbee, so I have many) no matter how basic. I would love to know if you'd consider scheduling a webinar someday...maybe a short series of 3 -6 webinars (about 15-30 minutes long) on specific topics that we can vote on to have you present. Just a thought:)

• shawnrohrbach
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick Soares View Post
    Sure, start laying down some topics and I can start putting something together
    Nick, I wouldn't mind putting together a short webinar on some basic writing topics if that is what folks want. Dialogue, :Point of View, Character Development. Narrative Thread. That sort of thing. I picked these up in my MFA program for long fiction and in writing and publishing the first two novels and then the collection of short stories. As I have adapted my first two novels and two short stories to scripts, the short scripts now in production and the features being read by producers in San Diego The principles of writing are pretty much the same.

Leave a comment:

• Treadwell
    replied
    Hi Nick,
    I totally understand that your schedule is busy. I am gaining a wealth of knowledge from the forum posts. At this point, I'm more interested in your distribution services. I posted a question there (DiGi) regarding submitting our feature film...I'm waiting to hear back. Thanks for all you're doing to help others. I know that you and your family are and will continue to be blessed as you are truly a blessing to so many others...including yours truly:)

Leave a comment:

• Nick Soares
    replied
    Treadwell, I have been so busy lately it will be hard to set up a webinar, but we can set up a google video chat anytime I am in the office, so just let me know when and Ill see what I can do.

Leave a comment:

• Treadwell
    replied
    I have not heard of anything scheduled definite as of yet. For some weird reason, I was not able to log in to this site for a while. But I really would like to have guidance and insight on finding a reputable distributor. Everytime I inquire, the only info I get is what I already know, "there are lots of scams being run by folks posing as distributors." I just want direction to where the reputabe ones are. I would love a webinar on this topic.

Leave a comment:

• Jimmy
    replied
    Any update on this? I would really be interested in checking this out

Leave a comment:

• Treadwell
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick Soares View Post

1)How do Screenwriters secure a representative, 2)How to select a distributor and what is considered fair compensation. 3) Lingo of the industry for newbees, i.e. rights, releases, theatrical rights, etc. 4) How and where can attorneys be found when the only thing that's in our pockets is lint. 5) How many screenings should be done and how are locations determined? 6) What forum has the best track record for raising funds and what is fundraising protocol if there is such a thing?

Leave a comment:

• Nick Soares
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X