Posted all of my movies now

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posted all of my movies now

I have to say I'm a little dismayed. I've had almost no feedback and then whenever someone does respond they're basically criticizing me for not having the quality of ILM.

It seems that all wannabe filmmakers view each other as competition, and therefor a threat, and do nothing to help each other.

This is not just my experience here, but from years of associating with such.

I am confused, what are you expecting? This site is nothing like other sites that have no experienced filmmakers on them, I have given you my opinion on some of your videos, were you looking for more? Well this site just doesn't have enough member "yet" for that, have you done anything to help spread your videos here, like the "Share" button? etc....

Just curious, though I always enjoy your stuff im not sure why you are upset, unless I read your post wrong
    Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

Oh no, it's nothing you've said or done, Nick. It's just that I wish the forum was a bit more alive. I feel like most filmmakers only want to take and not give, if you get me.

Comment

this site started in 2012, so keep spreading the word

Comment

Hey Shawn im quite new to the site but i love seeing other peoples films because i believe that we can all learn off each other. I love helping others even if im less experienced then most. If i can help you in anyway then dont hessitate to ask :).

Though one thing i do believe is that with every viewing of a video both positive and negative input is needed. Positive so that you know what to keep doing and negative so that you can improve and become better. One thing though is constructive criticism should be about the person and not the equipment.

I look forward to finding some of your videos.
          The newbie.

Comment

Believe me, I am already well aware of the negatives. But I don't like people responding with 'Dude, why are you using the Warner logo?' and getting angry about it.

I just want it to look like a real movie. That's all. I wish people would get over that and just appreciate the movie for what it is instead of what they think it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Watson View Post
              Believe me, I am already well aware of the negatives. But I don't like people responding with 'Dude, why are you using the Warner logo?' and getting angry about it.

I just want it to look like a real movie. That's all. I wish people would get over that and just appreciate the movie for what it is instead of what they think it should be.
              yeah I get what your saying. You don't like it when people attack you on how you picture something. I did a few miniature films and people would attack me on how I use generic music that everyone uses. Though I understand that I should be more unique at this point im just trying to learn what kind of film maker I am.

Also im not bad at making logo's if you want i can help you make one. Though it wont be as good as warner lol ;)
              The newbie.

Comment

I do take my movie-making very seriously, and it's more than just a hobby. I have them all on the IMDb and I have spent a lot of money on their promotional photos and posters too.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Watson View Post

Shawn, are you getting this site mixed up with another?

Comment

It's a combination of all opinions across all sites. :violin:

Comment

:violin: is correct. You need to stop focusing on the negatives, and realize you have a warm welcome here.

Comment

:love:

Comment

I came to this thread to watch the movies.....but I see no links.

I'll try youtube and do a search for shawn watson....hopefully, they'll pop up.

Kurt Hathaway
                          -------------------
                          VikingDream7 Productions
                          Video Production & Editing

khathawayart[at]gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by khathawayart View Post
                            I came to this thread to watch the movies.....but I see no links.

I'll try youtube and do a search for shawn watson....hopefully, they'll pop up.

Kurt Hathaway
                            -------------------
                            VikingDream7 Productions
                            Video Production & Editing

If you Google "Splatterhouse Flicks" you'll find them. :)

I posted them in individual threads here, but it was a few weeks ago so they'll be far down the list.

Comment

Cool...I'll look for them now.

Kurt Hathaway

Comment

Working...
                              X