Tracking Shot - Children of Men

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracking Shot - Children of Men

So, I was curious as to anyone's thoughts, comments, opinions regarding the amazing tracking shot in "Children of Men"...You know which one I mean. and if you don't just search it on Youtube and be prepared to have your mind blown.

What I heard is that he had a special rig created to be able to pull of the sequence.

The ping-pong ball pass was really interesting as well.

Checking the shot out now
    Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

It is a great sequence. One of a couple in a great movie.

It was not actually one continuous take, though. The exterior was one shot and the interior of the building was actually a set. They were combined digitally to create a seamless transition.

No less stunning for that, though.
      2001 Productions Web Site

Comment

I think you might be talking about the other long tracking shot. I was referring to the sequence when they get attacked by the mob while in the car...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en16i8BY4hI]Children of Men tracking shot - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by 2001 Productions View Post
          It is a great sequence. One of a couple in a great movie.

It was not actually one continuous take, though. The exterior was one shot and the interior of the building was actually a set. They were combined digitally to create a seamless transition.

No less stunning for that, though.
          However, yes, that scene, which is the one with the explosion, right? Was amazing as well.

Comment

Ah, yes. I was referring to the long one at the end. The one in the car, though, was technically astounding, for sure!
            2001 Productions Web Site

Comment

Working...
            X