No announcement yet.

Web Series - Advice for 1k 2k funding?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web Series - Advice for 1k 2k funding?

Would anyone happen to have any experiences to share, or advice to give on how to fund web series projects? Sponsoring & Donations aren't my field. Would appreciate any chipping in people can spare.

Thanks.

Have you tried posting on websites such as Indiegogo and Kickstarter? Both are sites that specialize in getting your projects funded.

Also I would try doing fundraisers around the community and try to make sure you really build a fan base before you make an Indiegogo or Kickstarter, then you can talk to your fans about helping fund the project.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOnlyHavey

Comment

Hi Havey

Thanks, I was going to say about crowdfunding.

Indie/Kick you tend to need a big following before going to a crowd type platform. How would you go about building a fan base for a project? It's hard to give a taster for the project due to the vicious circle of the money needed to give a taster for it, apart from just talking to the camera. I'm sure there's methods.

Any other suggestions apart from funding platforms? I imagine it's the best option?

Comment

You just asked the #1 question in this industry, I'll chime I when I get home
        Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

The way we ended up going about building an audience for out film was social media. And we are still trying to figure out since this is our first film. But Facebook, Twitter, and any other social networking site is key to getting a large audience. Also going onto forums such as this one and getting to know the community and its members and discussing your film is another great way.

Also if you do go for Kickstarter or Indiegogo be sure to make a video talking about your film, and be very professional about it, dont leave out any detail. The video on there is key.
          http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOnlyHavey

Comment

Working...
          X