Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much money do I need?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How much money do I need?

    Hi! Just a quick question. If I'm trying to get decent quality stuff, how much money will all of these things be, combined?

    - A decent shotgun mic
    - Several lavalier microphones
    - A boom mic pole
    - A green screen
    - A green screen frame
    - A soundboard

  • #2
    Expect a few hundred for the shotgun. The lavalieres could be very cheap though, I think there's a decent one for $40. Boom pole, around $100 plus a bit for a mount. You can get a reversible blue/green fold out 5 by 7 foot screen for about $70. I'm not sure about the soundboard.
    -AF

    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Anonymous Filmmaker View Post
      Expect a few hundred for the shotgun. The lavalieres could be very cheap though, I think there's a decent one for $40. Boom pole, around $100 plus a bit for a mount. You can get a reversible blue/green fold out 5 by 7 foot screen for about $70. I'm not sure about the soundboard.
      thanks

      Comment


      • #4
        I got a 20 foot aluminum painting pole for $20 at Home Depot and its fine for a boom pole

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Mick Scarborough View Post
          I got a 20 foot aluminum painting pole for $20 at Home Depot and its fine for a boom pole
          Does it work with standard mounts?
          -AF

          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Anonymous Filmmaker View Post
            Does it work with standard mounts?
            No, but creativity can save money. Gaffer tape is our friend :)

            Comment


            • #7
              Regarding the Soundboard, are you field recording or is this all studio?

              Anyhow, if you're on a budget, grab a Tascam DR-100 or a Zoom H4N, you could probably find one used for under $250.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Klay M Abele View Post
                Regarding the Soundboard, are you field recording or is this all studio?

                Anyhow, if you're on a budget, grab a Tascam DR-100 or a Zoom H4N, you could probably find one used for under $250.
                I bought the Tascam DR-100 MarkII, and it's a really great sound system, however, DO NOT skimp on your mic cable. Only use the gold connectors. Using a cheap cable without the gold connectors, you run the risk of getting a buzz in your audio.

                I think I paid about $55 for 25 foot, wire mesh cable with the Neutrik connectors.

                And if you can afford a decent set of headphones, you'll need those too.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Director View Post
                  I bought the Tascam DR-100 MarkII, and it's a really great sound system, however, DO NOT skimp on your mic cable. Only use the gold connectors. Using a cheap cable without the gold connectors, you run the risk of getting a buzz in your audio.

                  I think I paid about $55 for 25 foot, wire mesh cable with the Neutrik connectors.

                  And if you can afford a decent set of headphones, you'll need those too.
                  I have got some pretty sweet headphones. :) Would a Tascam DR-100 work better than a nice microphone?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Bryce Welsh View Post
                    I have got some pretty sweet headphones. :) Would a Tascam DR-100 work better than a nice microphone?
                    What kind of mic would you be talking about? There are many types, each good for it's own purpose.
                    -AF

                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Bryce Welsh View Post
                      I have got some pretty sweet headphones. :) Would a Tascam DR-100 work better than a nice microphone?
                      The DR-100 coms with built in mics, but in my opinion, you should also get another mic you can hang on a boom pole.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X