Quick Question About IndieGoGo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Question About IndieGoGo

I've never used IndieGoGo on a project, but I'm just wondering...does the money you raise, get wired to an account somewhere or how does that work? Sorry if this is a retarded question lol

When we had a promotion here for Pro Accounts, we used Indiegogo and the Paypal option with a fixed funding campaign. The money was instant into paypal. Not sure about other ways though. Hope that helps
    Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

I am wary of Indiegogo, as they lost me $500 when I was trying to invest in a project and the project owner just disappeared off the radar.

Comment

Yes, if you have a PayPal account, everything will go to you directly, but I think you have to wait till the campaign is over. I think if you don't raise your goal on Indiegogo, 9% is taken by the site.

Comment

If you do flexible funding campaign and paypal you get the money right away (Instantly) they charge the 9% from the start, then if you succeed they only take 3% and Indiegogo (at the end of the campaign) will reimbursed you with the other 6%

I highly suggest only doing flexible campaigns if your perks can be given to those that donated even if you do not reach your goal.
          http://www.filmmakerforum.org/kickst...-campaign.html
          Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

Working...
          X