X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equipment

Hi guys,

I'm new filmmaker with lots of questions. This time I'll ask this:
    Lets say I have an idea for film and get funding, then buy an equipment for filming. What's happens after with this equipment? Can I keep it?

Well if you bought it, then its yours.

But if you can rent something and save the investors some money, and keep production cost's down then that's what I would do.
    Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

Thanks! I was not sure if I can cause it is my project but investors money. In general my idea is to get some funding for project and buying and after then keeping the equipment will be my only profit. And then with this equipment I could work on other projects and then I'll be able to keep production costs down.

Comment

I'd look at which piece of equipment you're thinking of renting/buying one by one, and how much you're going to use it. For example, a camera is worth buying (probably, in my opinion) if you're wanting to shoot a lot. Lights, on the other hand, depends. Some may be inexpensive and worth keeping on hand, other lighting set ups may really be very mission specific and not needed other than for one or two shots.

Granted, I'm speaking from the mindset of someone who loves DIY solutions. That's another way to save some money, too, but again you have to pick your battles.
        Find me on Twitter: [at]Shadoe_Fox

Comment

Hi I'm pretty new to the film making world and I am in love with this type of shooting (the picturesClick image for larger version

Name:	blue.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	60056, sort of like a blueish and bright and crisp image) and I was wondering what type of camera or light I would need to get to achieve this... ThanClick image for larger version

Name:	blue 2.jpg
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	60055Click image for larger version

Name:	blue 2.jpg
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	60055k you VERY much!

Comment

Great question. I think what Nick is saying is if your production company's "LLC" buys it, then the LLC will own it. I think there have been some bad practices about this though in the past with some of the new companies around here, so just make sure you don't seem like "that guy" to fund a movie just to purchase equipment. Again, great question

Comment

Thank you guys!

Charles, could you please explain what do you mean, cause I'm not sure I get it right.
              Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
              X