Where to find amounts from $300 to $600 for films

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find amounts from $300 to $600 for films

Does anyone know where and what to do to find funds for a short film, ranging from $300 to $600?

I know about the crowdsourcing but I don't have a way for people to find the project as I have heard it is
    basically up to you to get people to the URL

What are your thoughts on this? I could really use some help

Friends and Family is what I have always been told for that budget range. Also try saving money each month for it. I know thats probably not the answer you wanted but that is what I have had to do for my films thus far.

Comment

Pretty much friends and family and your local town. My buddy had to raise money to pay for Kim Poirier to be in the WADE trailer. He's a drummer in a band so they did the whole fundraising thing at a bowling alley. And as JT just said, save up money if you can.
      http://leealexander.weebly.com/

Comment

Do a type of fundraiser. Also be sure to check out crowdsurfing sites. They are really helpful for things like this. Ask for $1000. Usually people wil lhelp out if you can promote yourself enough.
        http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOnlyHavey

Comment

I PM'd you some grant locations - You might have to cater to some of the script requirements
          Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

Ok thank you everyone! - Got the PM niick - thanks!

Comment

I wonder if there's grant money to get a film equipment? That would be cool :)

Comment

Originally posted by thewhixfx View Post
                I second this

Comment

I would say if those grants locations don't respond then try with friends/family or a indiegogo campaign

Comment

Usually people who grant you money will want a description of what all you are going to use the money for.

When you tell them you have a budget of X amount of dollars, they kind of assume you are talking about equipment as well.
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOnlyHavey

Comment

Could you send me those grant locations as well?

Comment

Paul. I don't know if you have public access in your area, but many times Time Warner, Cox, or that other cable company, whose name escapes me now, offer free studio time and cameras, as well as the use of their editing bay to help locals that want to produce.

If none of those works out, maybe you have a college or university close by that will donate studio time and equipment.

Comment

I actually tried to do a Indiegogo campaign to raise money so I could get a Mac Pro. Yeah that one failed. I was kinda pissed that some gal raised $600 for a new iphone because she lost hers. WOW....

Comment

I actually tried to do a Indiegogo campaign to raise money so I could get a Mac Pro. Yeah that one failed. I was kinda pissed that some gal raised $600 for a new iphone because she lost hers. WOW....
                            Hey TheWhixFX, the biggest thing to remember is when you see successful campaigns you have to remember that these are people that already have a HUGE following, and then they are just creating a donation page that they are linking to the followers, If you plan on having the "traffic" that is happening at indiegogo donate then you are most likely not going to reach your goal. If I this forum didn't have caring members then we would have recieved 0 dollars. I think there might have been 1 person that donated that found the campaign via Indiegogo.

Comment

You could also get a crew together who agrees to split the costs depending on your goals. That's what I'm doing currently. I have ten people (9+me) working on a short film that will probably cost only about $500 to make. That's only $50 a person and everyone gets experience, credits, and something for their reel. Easy and win-win.

Comment

Working...
                              X