Rate my School-Projects.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rate my School-Projects.

This summer i finished my very first project, which was a short-movie. The movie was more or less done by me alone, but we were originally 3 in the group. The Voice-Over is in Danish, but I've added English subtitles, eventhough i feel like they might drag some of your attention towards the text, and away from the clips themselves. Anyways, I would just like some feedback. :-)

Originally, we had a clip at the very end. But due to the contrast with the light, the clip weren't as expected and was therefore replaced by the black screen - the movie may have turned out to be a little confusing like this.

Thanks in advance :-)
    Last edited by JeppeRaskDk; 10-12-2013, 01:44 PM.

I love the fact that you've put a lot of thought into this; it really shows, especially considering this is your first time doing something like this. A lot of the time, and I am guilty of this, people have been too ambitious in their first film, but this was well shot, edited and structured.
    "Nobody knows anything"

Comment

Thank you very much!

The point was to make video and audio connect - especially what is told by the voiceover, and what is done by the character. Now, i do think that some of the voice-over is a bit out of context, but with all the information in the picture, I'm not sure if people really realize this, unless they watch it again :-)

Comment

Well done! I liked the sound design especially.
        -AF

sigpic

Comment

Thank you!

The point was to make a connection between image and audio, so that the audience would get 'tricked' into thinking it was the same guy. :-)

Comment

Very cool! Looking forward to your next video
            Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Soares View Post
              Very cool! Looking forward to your next video
              Thank you Nick. I just started working on my plot for the next one, so I'll probably make a new topic about that! :-)
              It will probably be a somewhat similar movie, but hopefully with a better camera (Canon 5D-7D), a bit longer and with more details.

/Jeppe

Comment

Hi, i would just point out that it was very creative with the POV filming, and its great camera work. But to me it seems that the film itself is a kind of "dark" film. And with the light and "happy" colours and lightning it didn't fit so well. Maybe its just me but you could have lit it a bit more dramatic. But really great work! im from Norway myself so i understood the danish :)

/Anders

Comment

Originally posted by Starblood View Post
                  Hi, i would just point out that it was very creative with the POV filming, and its great camera work. But to me it seems that the film itself is a kind of "dark" film. And with the light and "happy" colours and lightning it didn't fit so well. Maybe its just me but you could have lit it a bit more dramatic. But really great work! im from Norway myself so i understood the danish :)

/Anders
                  Thank you Anders - actually I haven't thought about the light at all, and what you say does make sense. We're trying to convince the audience that this guy is bad, and having the light to tell us something else, doesn't amplify that effect as it should. Imagine the movie without the voice-over - then smaller things like the light would have a bigger impact on how we 'judge' the character. Definitely something I will remember for the next one! :-)

/Jeppe

Comment

Originally posted by JeppeRaskDk View Post
                    Thank you Anders - actually I haven't thought about the light at all, and what you say does make sense. We're trying to convince the audience that this guy is bad, and having the light to tell us something else, doesn't amplify that effect as it should. Imagine the movie without the voice-over - then smaller things like the light would have a bigger impact on how we 'judge' the character. Definitely something I will remember for the next one! :-)

/Jeppe

Hi again,
                    The movie without the voice-over would be a normal family drama haha, i see how that affected the video, and i didn't think of that, great work pal. can't wait too see more :)

/Anders

Comment

Mmmm...Sol Gryn

Comment

I will soon be doing my exam-project.. Any thoughts of a plot for something similar to this? :-)

Comment

Working...
                        X