Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Percy" A Short Film by Joe Canton

Hello to all,

This is going to be my post showing all and talking about my latest short, "Percy".
    As you can tell, I'm very proud of it so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSE7nj9pGKQ

"Percy" is the story of an alcoholic puppet navigating life through a particularly strong bender, when his friend decides to help clean him up. I direct, wrote, produced and star as Percy.
    I also have two posters for the film.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Percy - Movie Poster.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	60660Click image for larger version

Name:	percyposter2.jpg
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	60661

Feel free to ask any questions, as I'm sure I'll have some stuff to talk about in the coming weeks!

Cheers,
    Joe Canton

Dude thats awesome. Puppets eyes are very basic and all look alike. Not much emotion in them and don't really have a direction they look in. So when you can make it clear the emotion the puppet is feeling or the direction his attention is at is a great talent. Looks like its going to be a great movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Petemc2490 View Post
      Dude thats awesome. Puppets eyes are very basic and all look alike. Not much emotion in them and don't really have a direction they look in. So when you can make it clear the emotion the puppet is feeling or the direction his attention is at is a great talent. Looks like its going to be a great movie.
      Thanks! I can't really say I ever deliberately set out to do that. I just focused on my voice and bringing the character a harsh, unlikeable personality. After all, it is vulgar dark comedy. So it's not very accesible. But that's the beauty of short film.

Comment

Very interested in this. Looks undeniably unique!
        "Nobody knows anything"

Comment

Thanks! I hope. I might sadly have to remove the music I have in it because I can't find a way to get the rights for them. So far the only two songs in there are The Weight by The Band and Pussy by Lords of Acid.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeCanton22 View Post
            Thanks! I hope. I might sadly have to remove the music I have in it because I can't find a way to get the rights for them. So far the only two songs in there are The Weight by The Band and Pussy by Lords of Acid.
            Haha I have that lords of acid song on my iPod. funny when I'm at a red light and it comes on.

Comment

UPDATE: Here's a brand new short trailer for "Percy". It should be done very soon ! :)
              Cheers,
              Joe Canton
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4XVznCkq9k

Comment

The final full trailer for "Percy", my next short film. It's almost complete, and should be done quite soon.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY4NuGS0qhg

Comment

Still looking forward to it!
                  "Nobody knows anything"

Comment

Thanks! I'd love to hear more feedback or questions! :)

Comment

UPDATE: Okay, so I've been slacking but I'm keen on getting some more done this weekend and week coming up. To hold the tide, I've decided to give you a little taste of the soundtrack I'll have for the film. Given that this stuff is all licensed music, I have to keep the music on there until I get claimed for it. But here goes.

1. "The Weight" by The Band
                      2. "Pussy" by Lords of Acid
                      3. "Ghosts V" by Nine Inch Nails
                      4. "Redemption Song" by Bob Marley and The Wailers
                      5. "Sonata Op. 65: II. Scherzo" by Frederic Chopin

Comment

UPDATE: New minimal poster made for the short. It's gonna clock in now at around 30 minutes, give or take.

I went the other day to shoot a scene, and when we got to the location and unloaded, I realized I left my camera battery charging at home. So that day was pointless. I'll be sure not to make that mistake again, so I rescheduled that shot for next week. Besides that, all is well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	percy poster 2.jpg
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	60146

Comment

Working...
                        X