I am a filmmaker or at least I want to be

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am a filmmaker or at least I want to be

So the title says it all. My brother has a t3i that I get to use and I have fell in love with shooting on it and making videos in iMovie. I love how you can create something you think in your head an put it to a video. I love how I can effect this video simply by adding some music to it. I love filmmaking and I am happy to be a part of this forum!

Frank B

Welcome to the forum! A T3i is a great camera to start off with for sure. So I can't wait to see some of your work!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOnlyHavey

Comment

Hi Frank

Sounds like you've caught the film making bug that has bit us all.

The title of filmmaker, at least my definition, is someone that pretty much does it all; script writing, camera person, editor, etc. And usually most filmmakers write and produce their own films, not always, but most of the time. Read scripts and learn the art of story telling, it will make you a better director, cameraman and editor.

I personally learned the basics of editing using iMovie, out grew it in two weeks, then switched to Final Cut Pro. You too will learn a lot, and if your passion is true, you will be making feature films sooner than you know.

Film Maker Forum has a lot of great resources, so take advantage of them.

Comment

welcome to the boards man.

Comment

Frank I can say that I did the exact same thing, honestly. I started with a crappy video camera though and I used iMovie and created my first video of a birthday that I did all slowmotion and with some sad music. It was the saddest video I have ever made, even though it was meant to be a happy video. But as a filmmaker you know have the ability to control emotions - Have fun with that, its addicting!!!
          Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

Welcome to the Forums. I want you camera, you lucky person you. Heh.
            Find me on Twitter: [at]Shadoe_Fox

Comment

Welcome and the T3i is very powerful given the right use. Go out there and practice bud! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Comment

Thank you all for the warm welcome, sorry for the delay I have been doing alot of reading here and watching videos. So much info here, thanks everyone!

Comment

The T3i is the camera I have my eye on right now. I will one day buy one. Congrats on your new career!

Comment

Hey frank, I am in the same boat. I got the Filmmaking BUG!

If I didnt join here I don't think I would have created my first short script or have the stack of awesome paper work right next to me to be prepared to film it. Very excited!!

Comment

Welcome Frank! I love hearing story's like that because i can really relate and i'm sure everyone on this forum can in some sort of another.
                      The newbie.

Comment

Best of luck Frank. There is so much technology now that filmmakers didn't have 10 years ago, so be sure to take advantage of that.

Comment

I just wanted to say that after reading that thread about you kind of questioning whether you were a filmmaker or not. You are and don't question it! The first time you pick up a camera and film something you are. The first day of film school that is what they tell you.

Comment

Working...
                          X