Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm new here...

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and just wanted to introduce myself. I am a film student graduating soon, and an aspiring writer/director. I finished filming a new short recently and post is scheduled to be completed at the end of next month. Festivals here I come!

Anyways I found my way here thanks to some writers block, instead of sitting here staring at my keyboard I took to Google search for a good film making community to help stay my focus.

Any good tips out there to conquer writers block? I know it happens to everyone!

-Dory811
    "It's all make believe, isn't it."

The way I keep writer's block away is by writing everyday for at least an hour. I usually write for longer than that, but I set that as my minimum time. It isn't always the same project I work on daily, but it helps keep the flow of writing with me.

Comment

Also, welcome!!!

Comment

smoke more weed, helps my writers block(results may vary)
        but seriously welcome to the forums, but what i usually do when i have writers block is move to another project or just start a new one altogether just to get the juices flowing.

Comment

Welcome to the boards :) Just take a little break from writing. You'd be surprised how an idea just pops into your head whilst watching a movie or doing other stuff.
          http://leealexander.weebly.com/

Comment

I fight writers block by having a couple of projects, a primary and a secondary. I rarely find myself unable to write on the back burner project if I'm blocked on the primary. And on the rare occassion that doesn't work, I clean. A hour of cleaning does WONDERS for making me want to write ANYTHING.
            Find me on Twitter: [at]Shadoe_Fox

Comment

Welcome to the site

Comment

Hey! Welcome to the forum!
                http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOnlyHavey

Comment

I am new here too. Still reading up on all kinds of info Then I will submit a thread about myself soon

Comment

well it seems like a welcoming crowd.

thanks everyone! (for the hospitality and the writers block tips)
                    "It's all make believe, isn't it."

Comment

Working...
                    X