Well hello there

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well hello there

So, I'm a 19 year old who just recently got a rekindled passion for directing/acting. From the ages of 13/16 I was bent on doing this until my parents basically all but crushed my dreams. I gave up for a while and decided to pursue other paths. Recently though, I've been thinking about my talents and passions and realized that this was still my real passion. So, I guess I'm here to get tips and surround myself around people like me.

Oh, and the name's David.

Originally posted by myownself View Post
    So, I'm a 19 year old who just recently got a rekindled passion for directing/acting. From the ages of 13/16 I was bent on doing this until my parents basically all but crushed my dreams. I gave up for a while and decided to pursue other paths. Recently though, I've been thinking about my talents and passions and realized that this was still my real passion. So, I guess I'm here to get tips and surround myself around people like me.

Oh, and the name's David.

Welcome David, My parents nearly crushed my dreams as well to be a filmmaker, glad to have you my friend :hat:
    Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

Yay! I have something in common with somebody on this site. :P

Comment

David...

Sorry to hear your parents wanted to crush your dreams...I personally don't know what's that's like--and, frankly, I don't know how it could have stopped me.

I have a son at the Musician's Institute in Hollywood, and I have friends who think I'm crazy for encouraging him to pursue a career in guitar. I know it's a risky career...and he does, too. But I also know it lights him up inside...and isn't that the whole idea? Me may not make it to the big time--I didn't--not really, but I have a resume full of Hollywood movies. And making films/videos lights me up inside. It what makes me tick--why I wake up in the morning.

I've been a filmmaker since I was 14--but I won't say how long ago that was. I was on the east coast then...won a couple film contests--went to film school at NYU--worked on TV Commercials there--and some movies...then moved to Hollywood and worked on more movies out here.

I now own my own graphics studio [Comic books and magazines]--and a small video business.

Not sure where I'm going with this...just to say that when I was 19, my belly was full of fire to get out there and make a dent in the world. Wish I was that young, now...but I still write, produce, direct.

If you're local to LA, give me a shout...and if not, hit me up with any questions. I won't respond right away, since I'm usually crazy with deadlines, but I like to help when I can.

Kurt Hathaway
        -------------------
        VikingDream7 Productions
        Video Production & Editing

khathawayart[at]gmail.com

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Hopefully you will find all you need here to make your dreams come true.

Comment

Hey David! glad to see you signing up on the forum. I'm kind of in the same boat. i'm only 20, live in a small state and filmmaking is my dream. But here, its very hard to pursue it. But don't let anyone tell you that you can't my friend. Anything is possible.
            http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOnlyHavey

Comment

My parents are the same way. I never had much support in film even though its really important to me. In fact i dont really know anyone who is interested like me. I have been a one man crew for quite a long time now.

I'm here to get tips and surround myself around people like me.
              Could have not said it better myself. Nice to meet you David.
              The newbie.

Comment

Working...
              X