Best Festivals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Festivals

Hi, what would be the best film festivals for an indie filmmaker who wants to enter a feature length film (not documentary)? I really want it to use Withoutabox. It needs to accept international entries. Any ideas?

First off, at the stage of filmmaking you are at, I don't think you need to worry at all about festivals accepting features. But if you really need to know about good festivals, info on this feature needs to be posted. What is the genre, quality, plot, run-time? Are there any controversial topics touched upon? Any name actors attached, any existing fan-base, any target audience (age group, etc.)?

Without more, responding to questions like these is unless. It's like asking how long a piece of string is, or what kind of pants people should wear ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Dominic Donnelly View Post
      First off, at the stage of filmmaking you are at, I don't think you need to worry at all about festivals accepting features. )
      First off how do you know what stage of filmmaking the OP is at? Just because they do not know about festivals does not mean they are new at filmmaking. They may have a film that is ready for festivals. I have a short film screening in NYC in April and I have been a filmmaker for 3 years. You can't always judge people on your own success or failures.

OP. If you want to use Withoutabox then use the search function to find festivals that accept your genre film. You best bet would be to target festivals that target your genre. Don't waste your time with festivals with only one category. You can search withoutabox for the information. My next suggestion would be to try free festivals first to see if you get any response on your film and save yourself a little money.

I would also check out this list: http://www.moviemaker.com/festivals/...s-annual-list/

Comment

Working...
      X