• Show
Clear All

• Downtown Film Festival Los Angeles

Click image for larger version

Name:	downtownfilmfestivalad.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	60652

FilmBreak is excited to announce that it has partnered with Downtown Film Festival L.A. (DFFLA), a leading showcase for independent films in Los Angeles, and will be awarding the upcoming Feature Film winner with a domestic Video on Demand distribution deal!* The deal will give the winning filmmaker a chance to have his or her film in more than 100 MILLION homes across the US.
    How is FilmBreak different?

Filmmakers today use FlimBreak's platform to actively build, engage, and identify the taste profiles of their online audience prior to distribution. No other distributor can provide such unique audience insights.

FilmBreak is a proud sponsor of the award-winning DFFLA and is eager to see the more than 100 films - including features, documentaries and shorts - that will screen at this year's festival!

About DFFLA: Downtown Film Festival Los Angeles (DFFLA) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to showcasing the best in independent cinema in the heart of the world’s Entertainment & Arts Capital. Our programming reflects downtown L.A.’s vibrant new urbanism, the unique ethnic and cultural diversity of its communities and neighborhoods, and its seminal role in the early days of American cinema. Set against the historic backdrop of City
    Center, DFFLA serves as a beacon for movie fans and industry professionals throughout Southern California.

Spread the Love! Get tickets here: http://bit.ly/10Es4Kr

The FilmBreak Team
    Attached Files

Hey FilmBreak, Im not trying to be the devils advocate but if a film wins a decent festival then distribution is kind of a for sure thing, there are thousands of distributors that would offer a simple deal. But my question question is do they have to take the deal?

EDIT: After reading Nick's post I am pretty pumped to know you guys are legit!

Originally posted by Nick Soares View Post
    FilmBreak is a valued member of this forum, also DiGi Distribution (Owner of FMF) has great plans to work with FilmBreak in the near future, so FilmBreak and the posts they have hear all have a FilmmakerForum.org seal of approval.
    Last edited by EricTheMan; 07-07-2013, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Ughh, I just realized you guys use GoDigitalVOD - Ive heard some bad stories about them. Non the less, I still think FilmBreak is cool

I have retracted my comment - Nick seems to have lots of respect for FilmBreak, therefor I have spoke to soon
      Last edited by EricTheMan; 07-07-2013, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Are you guys only going to be using GoDigital or will you guys try and get companies like Universal on board?

Comment

FilmBreak is a valued member of this forum, also DiGi Distribution (Owner of FMF) has great plans to work with FilmBreak in the near future, so FilmBreak and the posts they have hear all have a FilmmakerForum.org seal of approval.
          Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

FilmBreak, Nick seems to value you guys, so Im in to! As well as my other indie producing friends. I run a small film festival so hopefully we don't crazy your server :)

Comment

Originally posted by EricTheMan View Post
              Ughh, I just realized you guys use GoDigitalVOD - Ive heard some bad stories about them. Non the less, I still think FilmBreak is cool

I have retracted my comment - Nick seems to have lots of respect for FilmBreak, therefor I have spoke to soon
              FilmBreak has had nothing but a professional and positive experience working with GoDigital and have heard nothing but great things, however, we're sorry that you have heard differently. Thank you for thinking that FilmBreak's cool! We think you're pretty cool too :)

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                Are you guys only going to be using GoDigital or will you guys try and get companies like Universal on board?
                As of right now, GoDigital is FilmBreak's only distribution partner when it comes to digital and VOD distribution. Are you thinking about Universal in terms of theatrical releases?

Comment

Originally posted by EricTheMan View Post
                  Hey FilmBreak, Im not trying to be the devils advocate but if a film wins a decent festival then distribution is kind of a for sure thing, there are thousands of distributors that would offer a simple deal. But my question question is do they have to take the deal?

EDIT: After reading Nick's post I am pretty pumped to know you guys are legit!
                  FilmBreak's value add is not that it is strictly distribution. We also provide the filmmaker with full use of the FilmBreak platform including the marketing and data analysis that comes with it. By using FilmBreak to thoroughly understand the makeup of your audience you are in an ideal position to reduce marketing costs and increase revenue....and no, you, as the filmmaker, are not required to sign distribution with FilmBreak. It is an award that you can either accept or reject. Thanks Eric for your questions!

Comment

Working...
                  X