Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just submitted my short film to Sundance...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just submitted my short film to Sundance...

Hey guys,

I finished a short film a month or so ago and it's the first film ive felt confident enough about to submit to festivals. With the encouragement from some of my instructors at school im trying for a few of the bigger ones.

Of course im excited and terrifed to find out if I'll get in.

In the mean time, i was wondering if anyone knows what to expect from having your film in a festival? Ive never been to a film festival before, so if I got into one i wouldnt really know what to do with myself.

Also if anyone knows any good film festivals (big or small) that industry folk frequent id be interested to learn about it. It's hard deciding which festivals are worth submission fees.

Thanks!
    "It's all make believe, isn't it."

Subscribed!

Comment

Dory811, have you considered submitting to AOF (Action On Film) festival?

Also, any chance we can see a trailer? Very excited for you!
      Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

I hadnt heard of that one but I will check it out.

I dont have a trailer ready but ill work on getting one up asap so you guys can see.

Comment

Very cool man. I am also looking to submit something to a festival once I get it done. I really have no idea where to start with festivals either, so you aren't alone.
          http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOnlyHavey

Comment

Well Sundance just opened up for submissions, so it's still the early bird deadline...so you have some time if you're looking to submit for the 2014 festival :)

I also just found out that "notify date"/when they'll tell me if my film is in the festival or not isn't until December 2nd. So I have some waiting to do.

Comment

I'm a fan of AOF also, for what it's worth.
              Screenwriter and script consultant: www.maralesemann.com

Comment

I put an application in today for it :)

Comment

I'm intrigued to see how this goes for you. It's a pretty big wish of mine to create a film that I feel is worthy of being submitted to a film festival
                  "Nobody knows anything"

Comment

An update for you guys, AOF called me today, my film will be in the festival.

I meant to add a thanks for the tip to Nick, i looked at some reviews for this festival and i'm very excited to screen there!
                    Last edited by dory811; 05-10-2013, 03:12 PM.

Comment

When I was starting out with scriptwriting, I went to some local film festivals with free social mixers and met a lot of people in the industry. I submitted my first film in Soho and got rejected in a week, so if you enter and don't hear back from them in awhile, you're probably in good shape. Good luck!
                      L A Morgan
                      Novels, Screenplays, Short Scripts, and Music
                      http://lamorganwriter.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Soares View Post
                        Dory811, have you considered submitting to AOF (Action On Film) festival?

Also, any chance we can see a trailer? Very excited for you!
                        I called AOF and spoke with Del (really cool guy). After our talk I plan on submitting a few things this year. If anyone here plans on submitting to the AOF this year, let me know and we'll meet up there.

Comment

Working...
                        X