Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mick Scarborough
    replied
    I hated Windows 10 and use XP mostly. I have Windows XP Professional which is 64 bit. I run a fast CPU with 64 GB of ram and 2 TB of storage. Yes windows has its hiccups and I do conduct a clean install every two years. It takes up a whole 2 hours of my time every 730 days. A small price to pay for a system and programs that cost 1/2 to 1/3 of the price of Apple and Apple compatible products.

I use Windows 8.1 on this laptop and its fine for internet browsing but I would not use it for film editing.

Leave a comment:

• martynuk
    replied
    Aaron, you must be one of the lucky ones as I've heard nothing but tales of woe from people going on to windows 10.
    My neighbor had to have a full reinstall after only a couple of weeks with it.
    Can anyone tell me what was wrong with windows 7, that works.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron Jones
    replied
    Sounds like you have been using out dated Windows Platform versions. Win 10 works great for me. I run the entire adobe suite on my machine. I first installed it on the the laptop and when that ran good I then installed it on my main desktop. I also used Windows 8 & 8.1. As others were complaining about it I had no problems. I guess it must be a preference rather than actual fact on the workings of the windows platform.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Olander
    replied
    I am moving from Windows to Mac this month. I have a desktop that has XP on it still because it has been the most useful and stable version of Windows. I still edit on it but it is 32-bit. That won't do anymore.

I have Windows 7 on a laptop and hate it. After XP, Windows has been nothing but a mess. I have used Windows since 1996. I started with Windows 95.

When our daughter started college we got her a macbook. The college recommended it. Five years later, without 5 seconds of doing any "maintenance" the computer still worked as good as it did when first bought. A Windows computer would have had to been wiped and reinstalled in that time, on top of the maintenance that has to be done with them. This is what sold me on Mac, as well as the incompetence of Windows. All of Apple's advertising could not sway me to them, but Microsoft's product did.

A friend of mine edited his feature on an iMac with I7 processor and 16GB of RAM. The film looks great and he had no hiccups while editing and all the footage as able to be previewed smoothly no matter how many effects were done to each clip. This is the way I am going. People tend to be fiercely loyal to their brand, but I am switching mine. I am sure you can do well on both systems.

Mick, could you elaborate about the terrorists please?

Steve

Leave a comment:

• Mick Scarborough
    replied
    Mac really has nothing over the PC so why waste so much money on a Mac. Also since Apple feels its a better business model to shelter terrorists, I wouldn't give them a fuggin dime.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X